Controlled Hunt Results

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

billy bob

i drew a early hunt the September 6-9 hunt. im trying to find all maps for that WMA i grew up hunting WMA's and still do every deer season. i just dont know much about Antelope so i hope i can get luck and find me one.

ChaseH

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nada for me... But my son drew a Pushmataha WMA either sex tag for Nov. 2-4. Anybody know anything about this area/hunt? I'm really excited for him.

This is my absolute favorite hunting area so far for deer. I have been to 3-4 of the bigger areas in eastern OK for deer hunts. I make this hunt my #1 every year and have been three times and once with my little brother for a youth hunt. I have only taken two deer and lost another there. On my brothers hunt he took a very nice hog from there. Have fun and enjoy the hunt. The place I usually try to hunt is all the way at the back on the main road when it turns back to the right on the map. It has been a few years since I have been so I don't remember the road names. This has been a very good field for me regardless if I took anything or not I seen alot of deer there.

HUNT NUMBER: 3201 HUNT DATE(S): Nov. 3-4, 2012
HUNT AREA: McGee Creek Wildlife Management Area

My dad and i have been drawn for this one. Hopefully the rut is in full swing by then or at least started up.

Anyone ever hunt this area before??

My dad and I will be there also for this one. It will be my first time hunting there so hopefully its a successful hunt for everyone. I am hoping to run down a few weeks in advance and scope the place out since its only a short drive away from home for me.

I got drawn for this hunt as well with a couple of my close friends. We'll have to try and meet up and shoot the bull. I'll shoot you a pm as it gets closer. Anyone been drawn for this hunt before?

See my first response. This is a great place to hunt. It has always been good to me. I love to hunt there and wish I could go every year.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i drew a early hunt the September 6-9 hunt. im trying to find all maps for that WMA i grew up hunting WMA's and still do every deer season. i just dont know much about Antelope so i hope i can get luck and find me one.

Honestly, you won't need luck. That early in the year being the first group in The fields at the beginning of the rut going after speed goat that haven't been harassed for a year... You could dang near walk up and pet one. Or should a say, they will walk up to you LOL
A lot of guys don't realize how many antelope are really out there. Let me say this, YOU WILL SEE ANTELOPE!!! Remember it's dang near bare nothing out there and flat as can be. If you are worth your salt with a rifle your good to go.
As far as maps go, they have maps of Rita at the store out there. But I'd get one before you go just to male sure. The new WMA atlas is worth the $25 and has very nice maps.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have changed my thoughts on this hunt. I'll be surprised if I'm not successful on a doe now, rather than expecting an extremely difficult hunt. Thanks for the pictures!

Latest posts

Top Bottom