Controlled Hunt Selections come out in the morning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KD7SXA

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I drew out for Lexington on 13 Nov. It's my 4th year applying, first time selected for anything. Hope the success rate is better this year than last, after looking at the 2010 stats.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Headhunter and I drew out for Salt Plains Dec 2-Dec 4. We have never hunted there before. If anybody has any info we would appreciate it.
I took my daughter there on a youth hunt a few years back and was really amazed at the amount of big bucks. She had numerous chances on a deer but could not close the deal. There were some real giant deer taken on the hunt. There was a 12 point that field dressed 195 pounds that was the boys first deer.
A friend of mine and his son got drawn about 5 years ago and they both took a giant buck that field dressed around 200 pounds and had massive heavy racks. It is always my first choice. The only thing I would say is do not shoot the first buck you see unless it is a big one. My friend that hunted there told me he saw about 25 different bucks in 2 days of hunting.
There are some open wheat fields, but there is lots of thick heavy cover also. It is truly an amazing place.

Scott

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Headhunter and I drew out for Salt Plains Dec 2-Dec 4. We have never hunted there before. If anybody has any info we would appreciate it.

I've hunted Salt Plains about 7 times if I remember right. I think you have to send in your money, and then they tell you the hunt area you wil get. When you get that hunt area, let me know, and I'll pass along any info I might have

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We drew out for McAlester for the last weekend in October this year. Last year we drew out for the 2011 spring turkey hunt, I hope the deer hunt is not as tough as the turkey hunt was.

Latest posts

Top Bottom