Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife made up some potato soup.
20201215_172336.jpg

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
French bread pizza tonight. We cut the loaf into 4 sections, dig out the centers to create a “boat”, then start layering in the Jimmy Dean hot sausage, onion & bell pepper that had been sautéed until tender, pepperoni, mushrooms, pizza sauce and finally extra sharp cheddar. Baked on an open rack for 10 minutes to crisp up the bottom, then put on broil to do it’s magic on top for 4 minutes.

IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2148.jpg

IMG_2149.jpg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so I did some meats yesterday for an Employee Appreciation meal at the nursing home for all the staff who have been working their arses off during the COVID pandemic for our little old folks in the nursing home.

This is the second time I've done this for them this year. Last time I just did pork butt - this time I decided to add a brisket.

Here's the pork butt:

i-g5pThgz-X2.jpg

^^^^ This is the smaller of two I did.

i-JGdZz5X-X2.jpg

^^^^^ Finished pulled product, about 20 lbs precook weight.

And the brisket:

i-TR5KhVq-X2.jpg

i-BGwkmvD-X2.jpg

i-T4kX28c-X2.jpg

i-V8S3TvM-X2.jpg

Sorry, not the best pics, I had to have one of the guys shoot them while I carved. I think these were actually still frames from a video he took, so they're a little small and a little blurry. Really disappointed.

I'm doing probably 2 more briskets tonight/tomorrow so I'll get more pics up of those later.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so I did some meats yesterday for an Employee Appreciation meal at the nursing home for all the staff who have been working their arses off during the COVID pandemic for our little old folks in the nursing home.

This is the second time I've done this for them this year. Last time I just did pork butt - this time I decided to add a brisket.

Here's the pork butt:

^^^^ This is the smaller of two I did.

^^^^^ Finished pulled product, about 20 lbs precook weight.

And the brisket:

Sorry, not the best pics, I had to have one of the guys shoot them while I carved. I think these were actually still frames from a video he took, so they're a little small and a little blurry. Really disappointed.

I'm doing probably 2 more briskets tonight/tomorrow so I'll get more pics up of those later.

Looks wonderful! Wished I'd a had a boss like you!

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
French bread pizza tonight. We cut the loaf into 4 sections, dig out the centers to create a “boat”, then start layering in the Jimmy Dean hot sausage, onion & bell pepper that had been sautéed until tender, pepperoni, mushrooms, pizza sauce and finally extra sharp cheddar. Baked on an open rack for 10 minutes to crisp up the bottom, then put on broil to do it’s magic on top for 4 minutes.
We had it at a friend's home several years ago, but they just did the two halves and then cut it into servings after it was done. I like the idea of the little boats.

That stuff is surprisingly good! :thumb:
:drunk2:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a brisket and a pork butt on since about 10PM. I think I'll go wrap the brisket in a little bit, maybe I'll snap some pics.

This was a Prime brisket I bought for our family and has been aging for about a month in the cryovac. I was disappointed when I pulled it out and realized it was only a 10 pounder. So after trimming, it's pretty small. Got a nearly 10 pound pork butt going too. I wanted to do 2 briskets and see if the month-aged one was better than the 10-day or so aged one, but the group voted they wanted some pork, so...

I'll try to post up a bit later.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so here's what's going on today.

Smallish brisket, as you can see:

i-Pc6VXm5-X2.jpg

Ready to wrap:

i-6VjpzjQ-X2.jpg

Ready to go back on the smoker:

i-b6W5tph-X2.jpg

Now the pork butt:

i-28LHzkF-X2.jpg

Wrapped and back to the smoker:

i-ZKQJVVQ-X2.jpg

So I started these about, oh, 10PM or so. Only had the smoker at 200F overnight. Was trying to go super low and slow, and we're not eating 'till 6PM, so I have a TON of time. Bumped to 225F now and wrapped they should probably be done-ish by 2 I would think, if I don't bump the temp. Maybe earlier. I'll hold 'em in a warmed ice chest, they'll stay hot for hours.

I've never wrapped a pork butt before... I've always preferred to just let them go unwrapped until done. This time I decided I'll give it a try. I may unwrap it towards the end and let it dry out some to get that bark better, but I dunno. It's all an ongoing experiment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom