Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think its a combination of soaking and having good bacteria in ya.

When the beans reach the large intestine, good bacteria break them down to digest them further. This leads to the production of gas. Soaking can help remove some of the oligosaccharides and make it easier for your body to break down the beans, making it less likely for you to have gas after eating them.
And people that eat beans frequently don’t have any issues with gas. I only do after antibiotics. Then I’m fine after a couple months.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And people that eat beans frequently don’t have any issues with gas. I only do after antibiotics. Then I’m fine after a couple months.
I dont know bout that, I grew up eating beans as we were pour, and mom didnt soak em, I alway floated the sheet off my bed LOL
Maybe I didnt have the good bacteria in me, IDK.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have some yellow fin tuna thawing in the fridge for some sushi.

IMG_2669.jpeg

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sea bass is MUCH better than tuna and doesn't come in a can! :) Either whole foods or sprout's had it on sale recently but can't recall cost/lb but it's not cheap. To me, sea bass is right up there with halibut as I don't really care for an overly 'fishy' taste like salmon or swordfish. Ain't eatin' no raw fish either! LOL! Roll that sushi in some corn meal Dennis and fry it up right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom