Cops Stand By and Watch Man Drown

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe they get tired of cops that act like hall monitors? Bullies, or rather attempts at being bullies?

The fact that cops at every level of government serve the officeholders? (as opposed to the citizens)

Who's going to confiscate guns? Politicians?

Recently TPD did an outstanding job of rushing in to the sound of danger - being an example of what responders can and should do.

How often is that required? Are these the same heroes that enforced mask mandates on restaurants? Same guys that play the "where are you going?" "why?" fishing game when you get pulled over for a traffic violation?

Same guys that get red-in-the-face pissed off when you don't meekly obey their every command, or God forbid, assert your rights?

Yeah, some cops are brave, good guys. Doesn't mean the arrogant attitude of many hasn't poisoned the well.

I've already conceded a portion of the law enforcement community shouldn't be wearing the badge. A very small minority.

How many police officers went about their day yesterday and did nothing but good, honest work for people? I'd venture to say the VAST majority did.

And I don't give a rat's ass that cops enforced mask mandates passed by city councils. So what? So did receptionists in medical clinics. So did teachers in school. So did greeters at WalMart FFS. Is that all you've got to worry about? Must be nice. If you don't wanna wear a mask then don't.

Do you have any idea how many crimes are discovered as a result of what most people would refer to as a "chickens**t" traffic stop? Yeah...I don't either. But I can tell you from personal experience it's a huge number. God forbid we ask cops to do their job. People like you are gonna ***** when they do their job and when they don't. That's a perfect illustration of why so many cops have an Us v Them attitude. Not defending...so don't even go there. Just saying I can understand it when I read some of the stupid s**t I do on internet forums.

And like I said...if a person has decided the "arrogant attitude of many" has poisoned the well, that's just ignorance and a lack of objectivity.

It's a lesson many learned well during the last 14 years. Cops are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

You go ahead and jump on the "cops are bad" bandwagon. I'll judge each person, cop or not, on their merits.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, personal experience and multiple interactions over a lifetime can hardly lead to an accurate conclusion.

If you have a bad experience with a police officer, maybe it's the officer. If you have multiple bad experiences, maybe it's you. And with the attitude you display here, I'm gonna say that's more likely.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having had "personal experience and multiple interactions over a lifetime" speaks volumes. Especially considering most people rarely have any interaction with law enforcement. I suggest taking a long hard look in the mirror.

If you have a bad experience with a police officer, maybe it's the officer. If you have multiple bad experiences, maybe it's you. And with the attitude you display here, I'm gonna say that's more likely.

Yeah, my "leave me alone and I'll leave you alone" attitude is pretty provocative.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That your anti-cop attitude probably results in more negative attention than any "leave me alone and I will leave you alone" you claim to have.

You're probably right. I need to check my attitude better when dealing with badge ego. That "I'm the boss" mentality gets bruised pretty easily, and generally results in bad behavior.

Latest posts

Top Bottom