Corn Feeders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedneckZombie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
By natural do you mean a cropfield or pond that just popped up out of nowhere by Gods will alone or staging areas leading to such miracles of nature.

I mean going into an existing area with whatever influences are in place. Be it by nature, rancher or farmer. Dont get your feelings hurt 30B, hunt over all the corn you want. Its legal and it works.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mean going into an existing area with whatever influences are in place. Be it by nature, rancher or farmer. Dont get your feelings hurt 30B, hunt over all the corn you want. Its legal and it works.

As I stated earlier, I don't hunt over corn feeders. Nor do I see where it provides an "unfair" advantage. I just don't see where one draws the conclusion that its cheating as opposed to hunting near or on crop fields or food plots. IMO the only difference between throwing some corn on the ground and hunting near it and hunting a wheat field is a tractor.

lameduck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
30B- You are right on.

You could argue that rattling is not a natural way of hunting, because you are sending man made noise into the woods hoping to attract deer. To me rattling is very effective and takes a lot of know how, and I use rattling a lot during the rut.

My point is I do not think anyone here can jump on anyone else for not being a "real" hunter. If you think you are a real hunter because you are not hunting over a feeder I guess you are using a bow that you carved from a tree? You also need to make sure you made the arrows, arrow heads, used tendons to join the two, and used feathers from a bird you trapped. Not to mention you cannot wear store bought camo, cover scent, or shoes because if you are that would be a NO NO. Also no tree stands, either sit up on a limb or stalk.

Everyone hunts for different reasons, and the way they hunt usually reflects that. Some just like to get out and enjoy the afternoon, sit down in the same place and hunt/watch animals that come into a feeder. Some use guns because that's the way there Dad did it and it reminds them of good times in the woods as a kid. I like to get out and scout trails and set up tree stands with my Dad because he will not be able to do it much longer and he is the one that taught me to how to bow hunt. We also spend time together tuning our compound bows, and shooting. Some find it a challenge to get out and hunt as naturally as possible, using home made bows/arrows and everything else.

Just because you find joy in hunting a certain way does not make you any better than someone else, or a better hunter. We are all on the same team, and if we do not start acting like it we will all loose our hunting rights. If you do hunt a certain way only because you think it makes you better than a person sitting at a feeder, your motives are way off.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
30B- You are right on.

You could argue that rattling is not a natural way of hunting, because you are sending man made noise into the woods hoping to attract deer. To me rattling is very effective and takes a lot of know how, and I use rattling a lot during the rut.

My point is I do not think anyone here can jump on anyone else for not being a "real" hunter. If you think you are a real hunter because you are not hunting over a feeder I guess you are using a bow that you carved from a tree? You also need to make sure you made the arrows, arrow heads, used tendons to join the two, and used feathers from a bird you trapped. Not to mention you cannot wear store bought camo, cover scent, or shoes because if you are that would be a NO NO. Also no tree stands, either sit up on a limb or stalk.

Everyone hunts for different reasons, and the way they hunt usually reflects that. Some just like to get out and enjoy the afternoon, sit down in the same place and hunt/watch animals that come into a feeder. Some use guns because that's the way there Dad did it and it reminds them of good times in the woods as a kid. I like to get out and scout trails and set up tree stands with my Dad because he will not be able to do it much longer and he is the one that taught me to how to bow hunt. We also spend time together tuning our compound bows, and shooting. Some find it a challenge to get out and hunt as naturally as possible, using home made bows/arrows and everything else.

Just because you find joy in hunting a certain way does not make you any better than someone else, or a better hunter. We are all on the same team, and if we do not start acting like it we will all loose our hunting rights. If you do hunt a certain way only because you think it makes you better than a person sitting at a feeder, your motives are way off.

Well said:clap3::clap3:

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
30B- You are right on.

Please show me where I have "jumped" on anyone, simple, you cant.

Shooting deer at feeders is just that, shooting deer at feeders.

Latest posts

Top Bottom