Corn Feeders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lameduck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am sorry if I rubbed anyone wrong, I was just showing my opinion. It was not directed towards anyone, and if 1shot thought I was talking about him, I will admit I never read any of his posts I kind of just jumped to the end.

We, as hunters, need to support ANY kind of legal hunting. If we keep categorizing ourselves in to small groups we will be easier to pick off when hunting rights come under attack.

Whether you hunt from a tower in the back of a truck in S. Texas, or stalk around with primitive equipment in Oklahoma you are a hunter, and that is the category we all need to fall under.

1shot- I asked you to show me where I mentioned you, because what I said what not directed to you in any way. I am sorry if you feel like I singled you out.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Folks, I hunt a piece of ground that I've known all my life. I don't feed but I don't scout either. When I want a deer, I go get one. It's an extremely unfair advantage. I'm learning that I'm not really a hunter.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think there is a misconception about feeders being some fantastic thing that makes deer turn off instincts and become cattle. I hunt feeders and its not ever 100% there are years that I may only see a couple of deer at the feeders all year. They just don't work they way some people think. As far as the deer showing up right after they feed like they are used to the timer I have only had that happen once in about 5-7 years of hunting with a feeder.

lameduck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think there is a misconception about feeders being some fantastic thing that makes deer turn off instincts and become cattle. I hunt feeders and its not ever 100% there are years that I may only see a couple of deer at the feeders all year. They just don't work they way some people think. As far as the deer showing up right after they feed like they are used to the timer I have only had that happen once in about 5-7 years of hunting with a feeder.

I can agree with that, when I was a kid too small to bow hunt or sit in a tree I would sit at feeders with my Dad. We would sit anywhere from 100-150yrds away and it was no guarantee, the deer are definitely more weary than usual when they come into feeders. We heard a lot of snorts and stomping, and got busted many times. It was a good way for my Dad to teach me about deer behavior, and I learned a lot.

Another good point is that hunting over feeders is a good way to introduce kids to hunting. You get to see more deer than sitting on a trail, and if you have an elevated box blind kids can move around and do not have to be dead silent. I know I must have asked my Dad 10,000 questions and sitting in the blind is what turned me onto the sport. I just hope I have kids that are interested in hunting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom