Cost of deer hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know most don't hunt to save money, but I was wondering if there is any real cost savings to hunting. After the hunting license, deer tag and having it processed, would a hunter come out ahead or behind vs. buying meat at the store?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a lifetime license in 94. That cost is long covered. I have yet to lease any land. I spend very few dollars on processing, I cut up my own meat and I have to buy packaging material. I don't really classify my gun as an expense of the hunt. I look at it as more of a wash. I don't do it to save money but its a hobby. Any entertainment is going to cost a little money.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a lifetime license in 94. That cost is long covered. I have yet to lease any land. I spend very few dollars on processing, I cut up my own meat and I have to buy packaging material. I don't really classify my gun as an expense of the hunt. I look at it as more of a wash. I don't do it to save money but its a hobby. Any entertainment is going to cost a little money.
But that isn't typical of most hunters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom