coyote pup.... rescued.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What did the vet say about neutering options and time line. Wondered if it would help with any aggressive tendencies early.

all the stuff I have read said this is important to do before 6 months, they tend to get aggressive when they get to breeding age

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What did the vet say about neutering options and time line. Wondered if it would help with any aggressive tendencies early.

talking to the vet will happen later today and get more info. i just asked him if he had a substitute for formula and a quick story. i figured the GW would probably say no and tell me a place to take it, but he was pretty laxed about it so i will need to get a few things lined out. good idea on the snip though i will have to bring it up and see what the vet says. i went to an exotict animal rescue/facility in Feb. in Arkansas. they had a coyote there and the helper said that it was a rescue from a guy busted with drugs. she mentioned something about a bad idea to give them certain shots like you would a domestic dog, so i'm going to ask my vet about that story also...something about a rabies shot? going off memory because while she was talking about the coyote my short attention spand was locked on how big a brown bear really is...lol

thanks for the help and questions on this guys. keeep it coming and we can see how it turns out.

thanks all...

victor3ranger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had a little male not much bigger than the one in the picture, never could tame that thing, he was mean as hell. However, we did have a pet red fox growning up, he was very friendly, cool pet.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
did that pup start out as young as this one? i know you can't take the wild out but just curious at how young some of these pups were when starting out when people talk about others having them...

Ok, called Dad and got the lowdown. He thought it was 6-8 weeks old and he said he did not feed it milk only raw meet. Said it was the most hostile animal he had even encountered. We kept it a month or so and his plan was to ear tag it and let it go, but apparently the tagging did not go so well, so it was simply released. He told me to call my older brother and ask him about it so I did.

My brother said that the pup would attack anything that came near it. We had it in an old chicken coop and my brother dreaded going in there every day to feed and water it cause it would attack him and gnaw at his boots. He was the one that got bit through the welding gloves and it was shortly after that when the pup was released. I have often wondered why my brother was always giddy when he shoots a coyote and now I fully understand.

This was all a hazy memory for me as Dad thinks I was 4 or 5 when we had it.

Again, best of luck and keep us posted.

Oh yah, I was telling Dad that you were thinking of maybe fixing your pup and he said "Fixing as in castrating?" I said yes and he said "You should tell him to grind down all his teeth."

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting the GW said you could keep it, my understanding is that it is illegal to keep any indigenous Oklahoma wildlife as a pet without a license. Well, have fun and be careful.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting the GW said you could keep it, my understanding is that it is illegal to keep any indigenous Oklahoma wildlife as a pet without a license. Well, have fun and be careful.

I find that odd too...but since yotes are considered varmints and there is no bag limit, I don't really see an issue with it either. I mean, who cares?

Latest posts

Top Bottom