coyote pup.... rescued.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With sad news, it’s been a rough few days at home. I noticed Lucks appetite was lacking a little Friday evening but his body motion and interactions seemed to be fine. We headed out saturday morning for a weekend of baseball in Broken Arrow. My mom contacted me Saturday and said he didn’t eat much and was acting a little sluggish. She had talked to her neighbor (Wildlife Biologist for big game) and he said with him being a coyote he would be against giving him antibiotics, since it sounded like an infection of some sort. They had noticed a small sore starting to appear on his back. He said giving him antibiotics like you normally would a domestic dog, could have iller effects. He suggested keeping him hydrated the best she could and let his little antibodies fight it. Sunday we got home and Lucky was still in the same state….it was like watching a dog with parvo. Monday rolled around and the little guy was very bushed and lacking life an entire 360* from just three days ago. The local vet and my thinking was him being a coyote and the $ cost on a “wild animal”, so with that in mind I made the decision to have him laid to rest.

I would like to thank all who put in efforts, suggestions, commits etc…. I do wish things could have played out but you can’t beat mother nature. my oldest son grew a little fond to him as I did too. my son understands the situation and has handled it well. I showed him the link here and told him; "when you miss him, he will always be alive on OSA!"

Thanks all,

R.I.P. Benedict “Lucky” Arnold… :bye:

pup5..jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom