Cross country moving fairly large gun collection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the guys previously asked this but no one answered, just how large is a large collection of guns??

Asking for a friend. 😁👍
It's large enough that LE would likely refer to it as an arsenal (which isn't saying much in my opinion). I'm not sure what they would call a few thousand rounds of various ammo...

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
several years ago I moved from Houston to Oklahoma. The moving company would not take fuel, ammo, gunpowder, primers, firearms fertilizer, or house plants. I had a pickup loaded with 10’s of thousands of rounds of ammo, at least 50 lbs of gunpowder, the entire contents of a guns safe, a ridiculous amount of fuel and fertilizer covered with a tarp, and the back seat full to the roof with house plants.
I drove the speed limit, came to a complete stop at every stop sign, and used the signal lights at every turn all the way.
Wow, I'll bet you would have made the local headlines if they had pulled you over LOL. You may have just gotten lucky and passed through at the right time. They can't pull everybody over - not even a large percentage of people. I'm not sure what the ratio of LE to civilians is or even what the ratio of Highway Patrol to highway travelers is (I'm sure it varies based on time of day and location within a state). Of course, when they have someone pulled over it takes them out of the general action for the time of the stop (and if they do a search it usually takes extra patrol cars out as well) and I'll bet lots of (other?) criminals slip by during this time.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, you're right it's been quite a while, however I don't travel interstate that much. I do remember reading about those two police officers that got killed off the highway in West Memphis Arkansas a few years back and they had spent their morning surveilling a U-Haul truck parked at a motel thinking it was a likely drug hauler before they saw a little old grandma with her grand daughter get into it and take off - they'd still be alive if they'd pulled over granny, instead they went trolling the freeway for someone else to hassle and pulled over the van with a couple of radicals from Ohio and ended up getting murdered trying to meet their quota for drug busts. But such is fate - we never know how some seemingly inconsequential decision may dramatically impact our existence.
Do you realize you've effectively poked holes in every piece of advice that you solicited in your original post?
I am genuinely curious if your unaware of a social gaffe or you have a irrational (at least to a majority or your selected peers) fear of this situation.
Either way this is probably the incorrect venue for the assistance you need at this time.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A good starting point, keep collecting and one day you’ll have a good stash!👍
every-damn-time-v0-c9e0qzrxeqjb1.jpg

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking of by-passing Illinois if I transport either guns or ammo. However that adds about 5 or 6 hours to the trip.
I was thinking of by-passing Illinois if I transport either guns or ammo. However that adds about 5 or 6 hours to the trip.
Anything could happen no matter which route you choose to travel. Distracted drivers, flat tires, unseen breakdowns. Sometimes the authorities may even stop to assist if you’re having problems. If you decide to drive through Illinois or any other state the percentage of drivers who get stopped in my opinion are relatively low and I would think you’d be fine as long as you’re operating in a safe manner. Of course I don’t you and you could be one of those people who just attract attention. Good luck!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom