Cruise ships.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With thousands of people on board, not this guy. I'd rather be on the ark with all the critters.

Went on one. It’s not for me.

I've never been on a cruise, but it seems like they would be very peopley.

I'm no longer very fond of people. Probably wouldn't be for me either.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have done one cruise, and it was a cruise and land tour to Alaska. Being the photographer that I am, I was generally out on deck somewhere (mostly the 10th deck of the Vision of the Seas) taking pictures. The only time we really saw crowds was when eating the evening meal in the main dining area.

That said, there were a few other places where one could get something to eat if one didn't want to do the evening dining area.

While the cruise was good, I'd likely not want to do another, but that is mostly because the ship doesn't stop for the night, so one misses photo opportunities for areas one passes during the night.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We did one, an Alaska cruise about 5 years ago. Really enjoyed it, and I'd do another. Preferably Hawaii, Alaska, Canada... the Caribbean cruises just don't interest me as much, although I'd do that too.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've done one Caribbean cruise, just after they started sailing again from covid. Was originally scheduled to go the week the world shut down because of covid and cruise was cancelled.
A year and half later we either had to go or lose all of our money. Had to wear masks on ship and at all ports. Sight seeing on your own for the islands was limited to the port area only, unless you booked an excursion through the cruise line. It was hot and very humid. I would not do another Caribbean cruise. 90 something degree heat and 80% humidity, no fun for a fat boy.

We are scheduled to go on an Alaskan cruise next year. I'm looking forward to that one.

cmc tom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am an old salty sailor. Looking at those videos I’m not impressed with any of the weather conditions. I’ve seen FAR worse. Bet the waves I’ve seen were over 40 foot. My ship was over 800 foot with an enclosed main handling passage that ran the length of the starboard side. I could see the passage way twisting. That was spooky. What I was seeing was ships that did not have proper ballast. They wouldn’t or shouldn’t have been bobbing like that. Little boats do that. Large ships shouldn’t. Like they were low on fuel or didn’t put enough sea water in their ballast tanks. Most of that was avoidable.
Rode the flat bottomed LST's, LPD's and LSD's (gator freighters) around the Med, carribean, and north Atlantic in the 70's. Storms made for exciting days.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am an old salty sailor. Looking at those videos I’m not impressed with any of the weather conditions. I’ve seen FAR worse. Bet the waves I’ve seen were over 40 foot. My ship was over 800 foot with an enclosed main handling passage that ran the length of the starboard side. I could see the passage way twisting. That was spooky. What I was seeing was ships that did not have proper ballast. They wouldn’t or shouldn’t have been bobbing like that. Little boats do that. Large ships shouldn’t. Like they were low on fuel or didn’t put enough sea water in their ballast tanks. Most of that was avoidable.
I view such as floating cattle cars.
All the the fat people to the back, we're taking on water. 🤣

Latest posts

Top Bottom