Cyrus at the VMAs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
So now we're now discussing the offensive self objectifying of a woman by objectifying said woman???

Come on.... it's perfectly fine if WE objectify her, it's what "we" are "supposed" to do!

It's when SHE tries to objectify HERSELF that is the problem. Especially when she isn't up to the task! When someone like Pink or J-Lo or Beyonce skimps it up and shakes it and rubs it on some dude, we're all about it. But when skinny white chicks with no T&A try to pump it up, it just gets sad and pathetic.

:D

Here's my argument:

Moulin Rouge from MTV VMAs 2001 (you can skip to 2:40 or so if you want):
http://youtu.be/sxdCnC5o9hg

and then....

Moulin Rouge from Grammys 2002 (check this one at about 2:20):
http://youtu.be/vPf6s8B-roI

Now... Christina got some serious pipes. I'll give her that. Pretty face - check. But I am guessing she took to heart the criticism from the first performance where she looked like a 13-y/o boy with no hips compared to Pink, Mya and Li'l Kim shakin' it up there on the stage. She may have put on a couple of pounds, but even more impressive was the change in wardrobe to accentuate some curves and make her look more "feminine" than "praying mantis".

Just my take on it. :D

Poor Miley needed a better choreographer and wardrobe manager. :(

<edited> Trying to figure out how to embed...

Last edited:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When someone like Pink or J-Lo or Beyonce skimps it up and shakes it and rubs it on some dude, we're all about it. But when skinny white chicks with no T&A try to pump it up, it just gets sad and pathetic.

:D

Speak for yourself. Miley's VMA performance was indeed trashy, but I'd rather see a skinny woman do the shimmy than someone with a big caboose like J-Lo or worse, Beyonce. I like my women slender and petite but with some muscle tone, like Kelly Ripa.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
<edit> Screw me, I quit. I'm an idiot.... obviously. Can't figure out how to embed. But I gotz other skillz....

And perplexed... you had to know there was a small bit of tongue-in-cheek in there, right?

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have kids, especially teen daughters, then youve dealt with kids craving attention so this behaviour shouldnt shock you at all. Doesnt me. I have 3 daughters, 19 21 23, and anything girls do does not shock me any more whatsoever. I also grew up with 2 older sisters and 2 younger sisters. Miley is just acting out and pushing the envelope because she can now at her age. Her own mother was there clapping for her and said later that it didnt bother her. The video for the same song was about as bad. And as far as Miley 'backing that azz up' in Mr Thickes face, his wife the hotasF Paula Patton did way worse stuff with another guy in the movie '2 Guns'.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speak for yourself. Miley's VMA performance was indeed trashy, but I'd rather see a skinny woman do the shimmy than someone with a big caboose like J-Lo or worse, Beyonce. I like my women slender and petite but with some muscle tone, like Kelly Ripa.

You crazy. Glock 'Em Down knows what's up.

I'll also add to the general conversation that the performance make much more sense (if that is possible) if you consider the music video that originally accompanied the last song of the montage:

Last edited by a moderator:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Whu-whut?! :ooh2: Are you serious or delirious?! :slap:

Dude! Meat is for the man. Bones is for the dogs!

Watch this vid and tell me that you honestly would rather have a skinny bimbo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m1EFMoRFvY

Seriously. Beyoncé and J-Lo are built the way women are supposed to be. Curvy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom