Cyrus at the VMAs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I almost never say this about any woman, but Miley needs to put some clothes on. Those pipe cleaners she calls legs are just sad.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An interesting contrast. Selena Gomez is another one trying to shed her good little girl image. The video below got her some criticism but I think it shows a young woman spreading her wings while Miley's performance looks like a bad acid trip. In it Miley can't sing, can't dance, and seems to have a thing for furries.

Last edited by a moderator:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First of all, did I really just get a " don't end a sentence with a prepositional phrase" grammar lesson from this thread? 2nd, I don't know what will smith and his wife are so upset about, they are outspoken advocates of open marriage and are practitioners of such. And lastly, you know that there's nothing better than a drunk, easy white trash chick with daddy issues. Don't act like you wouldn't hit that( well except for our female friend on here). If she is going to make bad life choices, it might as well be with you, right?

Boy you hit that nail on the head ... I've seen a gal or two in my day who might be able to turn me under the right circumstances but poor little Miley ain't one of them ... :(

this thread is decidedly off track at this point. Clearly we are not paying attention to the real problem.

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/08/26/...tv-awards-performance-racist-a-minstrel-show/

In short,

"The shock that Cyrus was peddling wasn’t sex. It was all about race,” Rosen wrote, priming her readers for maximum shock.

“Cyrus has spent a lot of time recently toying with racial imagery,” she adds, revealing the disturbing fact that she sees racial imagery everywhere.

“Her act tipped over into what we may as well just call racism: a minstrel show routine whose ghoulishness was heightened by Cyrus’s madcap charisma, and by the dark beauty of “We Can’t Stop” — by a good distance, the most powerful pop hit of 2013,” Rosen adds.

I didn't see anything about racism.

But, I did see a young lady with (maybe still) millions of impressionable young female fans who was onstage promoting a lifestyle of trashy, hurtful behavior. Sad deal.

Funny you fellas should mention race ...

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/miley-cyrus-fires-back-racial-jabs-article-1.1425394

Please note this article was written nearly 2 weeks BEFORE the VMAs ... (Just saying ...)

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She has no talent, too old for Disney shows and is desperate to keep her name in the news and face on youtube in order to be able to do advertisements because that will be the extent of her career. This is just like the questionable photo op that she had with Mr Achey Breaky himself a couple years ago (gross). Attempts to pull career out of toilet.
I completely agree. I did not watch it and do not watch those kinds of shows because music is crap these days but I did read about it. It is stuff like this that infuriates me. Why in the world is this kind of stuff being allowed on tv? This should not have been allowed. Too much filth is let on tv these days. And cussing too. Something needs to be done about it. But Miley is a disgrace. I am glad she is not my daughter. Of course I am sure Billy Ray and his wife love it. And why is it that people have to shed their good girl or guy image? What is wrong with being good? I would rather be who I am than to sale out to be something I am not just to be popular. But I am not in Hollyweird either. And I am a Christian. People in Hollywood only care about themselves and money.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's quite a short sighted way of putting it. It has nothing to do with neigborhood, creed, race, religion, ect...
I you have a daughter, granddaughter, niece, sister, or even know a female between the age of 14-24... Chances are theyve twerked it up at one point or another. It's not a hood thing, it's a popular way of dancing these days. Think of it like the hustle back in your day.
I hope that all the daughters, granddaughters, nieces, sisters, or other females around the age of 14 to 18 haven't been twerking. When I was in high school back in the late 90's the word twerk meant something sexual. Like a girl twerking on a guy. Riding a guy and grinding back and forth. Maybe it mean something different now but I doubt it. So you are saying that twerking is a dance move? I hope that all the young girls aren't doing this then. But I ain't hip to all the dance and street slang. That crap is ruining the country.

Latest posts

Top Bottom