Dangerous Dogs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had to run down to Folsom just now. Was not attacked as I opened the gate, not even one bark. Same coming back, iPhone ready, head phones on in case I had to shoot, no attacking dogs, no barking - not even behind the trailer. I feel like a dark, dark cloud has moved on somewhere else.

This is my take on it all:
I took a lot of heat for not shooting, I accept that.
The dogs may attack someone else - yes.
Am I partially to blame? I don't know.
Is Law Enforcement an effective tool? Yes.

I certainly won't criticize what other people would have done in my place. Do I think the problem will reappear? Possibly. If so, I will use LE again.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well first of all I would think...I don't want my wife hurt or scarred for life or maimed and if I had children I wouldn't wait until they attack. It's not if but when-they will attack. So dispatch the dogs ASAP before you have lifetime of regret. Besides, I don't think your neighbors want the law to knock on their door, they probably have a pot farm inside their house.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well first of all I would think...I don't want my wife hurt or scarred for life or maimed and if I had children I wouldn't wait until they attack. It's not if but when-they will attack. So dispatch the dogs ASAP before you have lifetime of regret. Besides, I don't think your neighbors want the law to knock on their door, they probably have a pot farm inside their house.

Well, we have 3 dogs; two dachshunds and a German Shepherd mix. I constructed a large fenced in area accessible from the back door of the house for them, so that they would not be killed by the neighbor's dogs. That helped a lot. My wife's exposure outside is minimal, but I am out there nearly all the time when I am off from work. I am heavily armed. To say that the dogs have been at my mercy is accurate. But I have not wanted to shoot unless I had to. Absolutely had to. Sometimes, when they have come at me, I've drawn my Alaskan and aimed at them. They always shy off at the sight of the Alaskan. But it has steadily gotten worse and worse, so I brought in LE, and that seems to have done the trick.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The dogs may attack someone else - yes.
Am I partially to blame? I don't know.
Hell no, you're not to blame, not in the slightest, for some future event that may not even happen. If those dogs attack someone else, the owners take the responsibility and the property owners take the liability--you're nowhere in that equation.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell no, you're not to blame, not in the slightest, for some future event that may not even happen. If those dogs attack someone else, the owners take the responsibility and the property owners take the liability--you're nowhere in that equation.

Thanks, Sooner. I feel such a wave of relief right now.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes, when they have come at me, I've drawn my Alaskan and aimed at them. They always shy off at the sight of the Alaskan. But it has steadily gotten worse and worse, so I brought in LE, and that seems to have done the trick.

It's entirely possible that the dogs will figure out that "the Alaskan" doesn't do anything, despite their initial hesitation. Which could lead to them ignoring it altogether at some point.

Latest posts

Top Bottom