Deer Season 2018 Pics/Stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went out this morning for a couple of hours. Lots of does, no bucks.
Spent the afternoon putting in a couple 1/4 acre food plots on a place I don't hunt much. The neighbors kill every buck that moves, so a fork horn is a trophy buck around there. Good spot for does, and it's 30 minutes closer than my main hunting area for a quick evening hunt.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got the chance to swat a squirrel off my head after a 45 minute interrogation by him. The evening hunt produced 6 does with the only shot opportunity being a yearling, so I passed. Didn't want to educate the old does and the effort required to get half the meat helped me decline the shot as well.
a8ffc2dd354df0d74a7e9dda5e965b51.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Maybe there's an even better one lying in wait that you haven't seen yet!
Hope you’re right. We had a JV game tonight and the mosquitoes were horrible! Never been bothered by skeeters during a game. Even my players were swatting them off between snaps. I’ve got the thermacell packed with extra refills for tomorrow night. Next time we play on a grass field I’ll have it with too.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ones I have seen are small.
I remember last year watching a few deer grow up and by the end of the season they were 2x the size.
I do not mind waiting until 2019 to put a sharp stick into one.
But man they are skittish by then

Tumbleweed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yesterday I saw 3 does and a fawn. The bucks where on camera and gone early yesterday. We don't have any daytime pics of bucks yet. We did have a 10 pt. show up we hadn't seen yet, so there's hope. Up till now there hasn't been anything to get excited about except a group of hogs coming by my feeder in the evening. We'll be after them tomorrow.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congratulations to those who at least got to see anything besides mosquitoes! I have never been accused of being overly intelligent so I’m going back out for more suffering!
My thermocell saved me yesterday morning. I was going nuts for the 5 minutes it took to warm up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom