DIY Car Holsters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couldn't you just get an old holster and trim it down to only have the gun part and stuff it I between the seats?

That's kinda what I did... Took a lil cheap leather/kydex iwb holster and trimmed it, slapped some 3M velcro on it, and velcroed it under a section of my dash... You can hardly notice it from outside looking in.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_30_hurytabe.jpg

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_30_a4u2udab.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note III

Swab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know for 99-06 silverado/sierra there is a metal dash support that guys have mounted holsters to. Most put them opposite of the OBD2 port. Planning on doing mine this weekend.

Sent from the land of teepee's and buffaloes

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have bought some quick draw magnets... I love the idea, however my XDS9mm 3.3" rotates on it if I'm not careful. and with the exceptionally smooth ride quality and laid back driving in my Ford Fiesta ST the gun wont stay at a certain position, however the magnet wont let go. (tons of sarcasm here, my cars suspension is stiffer than what you want to handle driving farther than the local gas station and runs like a pissed off jack russell terrier) I want to mount the gun near the transmission hump or where my knees are, however, my car for some silly reason has "first in class knee airbags" and mounting any kind of firearm to a compressed bag that expands at some billions of miles per hour just sounds like a bad time.

DeeJay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a Forbus GL2 holster for my Glock 23 that was in a drawer doing nothing. I removed the paddle and drilled some of the holster rivets. I then mounted the holster in the map pocket of my 2009 Chevy Silverado using binder post screws. It is very solid.
I only carry the Glock around home so I don't use the holster for it. I carry a Kahr MK40 when I am out and about. The Kahr slips right into the holster but it is a good fit and does not rattle around when on the road. I use the door holster for longer road trips or if I need to slip out of the truck without the gun, like at the post office. It is not visible from outside the vehicle unless the door is open, so if I exit the vehicle for a few minutes I need to be aware of what where I am and who is around. I'll post photos after the weekend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom