Do I really need a bolt 22LR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok. I’m convinced. Suggestions? Is the CZ going to be the best sub $600ish bang for my buck?
Probably. I don't have any CZ rifles but they have a reputation for quality and accuracy, and I can verify that for the CZ 75 model pistols.

IMO whether you need one depends on what you want in accuracy. If you have other .22 rifles that are tack drivers, that might be enough. To me, the biggest advantage of bolt actions is potential accuracy. But I doubt you have anything MORE accurate than a CZ 45x model.

I don't think you can have too many guns though, can you?

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Yes you need a CZ 452, 455 or 457...like my 455.
DSC09362.JPG

Attachments

• DSC09336.JPG
    DSC09336.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 90

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only bolt .22LR I have is an old Stevens single-shot I gave $5 for in high school... :D

If you've never shot a pump, I highly recommend trying one. I have a Remington "Fieldmaster" pump that is a tack driver, and I wouldnt trade it for a brand new .22 of any kind.

Btw, this is NOT intended to denigrate bolt-actions in any way.
:drunk2:

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let @mightymouse weigh in! He can fill in some 22 info but he may steer your towards something like an Anschutz just do not let him talk you into a 3oz trigger !! :cool:

I shot that rifle. First shot scared the bejebus out of me. After that it was great though.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably. I don't have any CZ rifles but they have a reputation for quality and accuracy, and I can verify that for the CZ 75 model pistols.

IMO whether you need one depends on what you want in accuracy. If you have other .22 rifles that are tack drivers, that might be enough. To me, the biggest advantage of bolt actions is potential accuracy. But I doubt you have anything MORE accurate than a CZ 45x model.

I don't think you can have too many guns though, can you?

no such thing as too many guns! Honestly my 10/22 VLEH is extremely accurate, at least for what I consider to be accurate for a 22LR. But I would love to push it further and see what a bolt gun can accomplish.

Yes you need a CZ 452, 455 or 457...like my 455.
View attachment 186400

lawd have mercy. Do share some details!

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
..lawd have mercy. Do share some details!
It's a 455 with Boyds tactical stock (Tacticool) custom painted in DuraCoat Czech Republic military camo pattern. The scope is a Weaver Classic V-16. Suppressor is a Silencerco Spectre II.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There’s a thread lurking around here somewhere that I posted on my daughters Ruger PrecisionRimfire. I’m not gonna say it’s better than a CZ cuz I dunno but I can say it shoots very well and I think it cost about $400.

Oh and yes you need a bolt action in your arsenal. It’s pretty much required by law. Hell I thought it was a question on the 4473 that would qualify you to buy a new gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom