Do we still need pike pass stickers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought they went to just doing the license plates now? Hail took out my windshield and I never replaced the sticker on the new windshield, and have not had an issue, but wife's friend said you still needed one.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m far from the authority on the Oklahoma turnpike system, but I just got a pike pass for my daughter’s car a couple weeks ago. Given the fact they still have pike pass only lanes (on Indian Nation anyway) and they’re still sending out pike pass sticker, I’m going to say pike passes haven’t been phased out yet.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe you only need them in Kansas etc to use ktag. Maybe some other places we have interoperability. Oklahoma works off your license plate. You get a discount if you have an account in Oklahoma.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe you only need them in Kansas etc to use ktag. Maybe some other places we have interoperability. Oklahoma works off your license plate. You get a discount if you have an account in Oklahoma.
Yeah I just discovered on my account where they auto deducted from my balance recently and I had no sticker...Not sure if that also meant I got the discount or not but I would think it would work like you are saying.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I thought they went to just doing the license plates now? Hail took out my windshield and I never replaced the sticker on the new windshield, and have not had an issue, but wife's friend said you still needed one.
Plates are twice as much as Pikepass. Get your sticker...it's free. If you have an account, just request a new sticker and you'll have it in a week.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty sure you need the sticker. If not, why would they have them? Plate pay is more than double the fee having a pass.

Yeppers...

...next time one is on the turnpike and reach a reader, check out the sign overhead that states what the Pikepass rate is and what the PlatePay rate is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom