Do we still need pike pass stickers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW, the PikePass FAQ for PlatePay says if you have a PikePass, the PlatePay system will charge your account “as usual,” which apparently means at the PikePass rates.

The question seems to be what happens if you’re on a turnpike that hasn’t been converted to PlatePay. I haven’t seen anything that explicitly addresses that question.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe the plate reader charges an extra monthly admin fee as well.
I have not seen an extra admin fee.
I recall them talking about an admin fee, but that might have been when the Elm exit from the Creek Turnpike was one of the only PlatePay exits. The current PlatePay page doesn’t say anything about admin fees (other than what you’ll get charged if you don’t pay promptly), and their sample statement only shows tolls charged.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stickers are well worth the trouble to get one Additionally, reciprocity with neighboring states will avold unknown fines and pitfalls like my daughter has experienced will driving in Texas. Unknowingly she drove on a toll road without options to pay. So she received fines in the mail that were costly. If she had had an OK PIke Pass, then would’ve been no big deal.

Portions of I35 in Dallas and Ft Worth are a toll road, all plate read.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And it’s a pretty substantial discount, if you drive on the turnpikes much it’s well worth it to get a sticker !
I drove down to the Wichita Mrs the other day.
It was $1.95 with PikePass.
It was $3.95 with Plate Reader.

Don’t know if it’s a straight $2.00 processing fee over the PikePass rate, or whether it’s a little more than double whatever PikePass charges.

Latest posts

Top Bottom