Do You Want Constitutional Carry in Oklahoma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you want Constitutional Carry in Oklahoma?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glocktogo:

So you are saying, when a student in a class points a gun at someone it is theoretical? No sir, respectfully, that is real.

Weird, I read a post full of many sentences and when I hit reply, it only shows two? :anyone:

What I'm saying is that what you see in class is definition #2 of the word:

Full Definition of THEORETICAL
a : relating to or having the character of theory : abstract
b : confined to theory or speculation often in contrast to practical applications : speculative <theoretical physics>

What you're seeing in class is speculative of what should happen in real life. I.E., more untrained people carrying in public will result in more accidents and more unlawful shootings. Yet in real life (outside the controlled environment of your classroom), statistics in the seven states with some form of CC do not bear this out. That's why I posted the GIF showing the inexorable trend towards more people carrying overall, and CC expanding even more rapidly. Also keep in mind that Vermont has been continuously running this experiment for just over 224 years. They simply don't support your speculation, regardless of what you see in a classroom.

Additionally, despite a "dwindling gun culture" in America, firearms accidents have been on a continuous decline since records started being kept in 1903.

http://www.nssf.org/PDF/research/IIR_InjuryStatistics2013.pdf

In summary, I've already stated that training is important and valuable (see posts 5, 15 & 44). I also want to see the SDA license and training requirements left intact (post 18), so that we can keep as many reciprocal concealed carry states as possible. All I've ever said is that government mandated training in order to exercise your 2nd Amendment RIGHT to keep AND BEAR arms is wrong. It always has been and ever shall be. I really don't see how any true 2nd Amendment supporter could disagree? :anyone:

P.S. Do you realize that citizens of those states with CC can legally carry in OK without a permit? How much sense does it make for citizens of other states to have more freedom in Oklahoma than Oklahomans??? :disappoin

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glocktogo and ProBusiness. Please take it outside. I have asked you both nicely already.

This thread isn't for arguing who is right and wrong. Its purpose is to show one of our elected lawmakers that either the majority of this Oklahoma based group want Constitutional carry, or don't. The voting has been overwhelmingly from those who favor it.

Thank you.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glocktogo and ProBusiness. Please take it outside. I have asked you both nicely already.

This thread isn't for arguing who is right and wrong. Its purpose is to show one of our elected lawmakers that either the majority of this Oklahoma based group want Constitutional carry, or don't. The voting has been overwhelmingly from those who favor it.

Thank you.

SuperDave, its your thread. If you want me to edit it, I can.
Some good points have been made by both though.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Dennis. I appreciate that. I don't mind leaving what is there. Just want it to stay as friendly as it can. Trying to keep it simple, but I feel like editing would be hiding free thought.

I agree with the points GTG has made, and understand where ProBusiness is coming from, although I don't agree with him. It does not serve him well. He teaches the class. I don't think his mind will be changed from one post, or one thousand.

It is a subject that most of us on here (I hope) are passionate about. We should be. It is one of our rights. It is being limited and regulated by our own state government. How would any of you feel if they made you take a class and pay money before you could vote? What if you were a struggling single parent, couldn't afford it, and had no extra time to take the class? Should your right to vote be infringed upon because of it? Certainly not.

Our state recognizes the Constitutional right of those from states that don't regulate and limit its citizen's right to bear arms (when they come to visit), but not ours. We have to jump through hoops, and pay money. Are our rights less than visitors to the state? Is that equal? No. It is not.

Do our law makers work for us?

Read the things they have voted on this year. Several are foo foo crap, having nothing to do with real Oklahoma issues, which seem to be pushed to the side. Much has nothing to do with law. And we pay them. We pay them more than most of us make.

I want Constitual carry to happen for everyone, everywhere, that can legally own a gun. THAT is right that needs to be EQUALED. Most of all, I want it HERE, NOW. I hope you all do too, and I hope you all start writing and calling your reps NOW.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My apologies (again) Super Dave. You and Dennis have my approval to edit anything I've posted in this thread. I think we're on the same page here.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it appears a simple matter to me "the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"....there is no mention in the Constitution of Dr's - Dentists etc. - if this poll is to be about firearms then there is only one answer.....Constitutional carry is allowed....by the 2A....it should never be allocated by some person occupying a superior position....it is, in fact, a right.....

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey gang,

Just got of the phone with Senator Holt's aide. She said he had read the emails. and was gracious enough to let me ramble on about the way I thought things should be. She said he'd be calling or emailing me later.

She would not state his position on it, saying it was not hers to give, which I appreciated, but did say that I was the first constituent to contact him on this particular subject. So this is what I am thinking. Contact the senator in YOUR district. Tell them what we want. Be professional. Stay cool. Maybe we can become that squeaky wheel enough to get a bill in the works.

Don't sit on your rears reading this! Get up and DO something about it!

Here is a list of the Senate districts:

http://www.oksenate.gov/Senators/maps.htm

Here is the House:

http://www.okhouse.gov/Research/HouseDistricts.aspx

So what are you going to do about it? Sit there? If it is to be, it is up to me!

Just an aside: If you don't know your state senate and house districts, all that information is on your voter registration card.

Latest posts

Top Bottom