Does anyone dislike the new PikePass stickers more than me?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEEPr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't cost anything to have one for each vehicle. I have to keep one of the old ones for my motorbike. Really not that big of a deal.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
To make it portable I'd simply mount it to a thin piece of acrylic or plexiglass sheet cut to the same size as the sticker. Then use velco tabs to attach that to the windshield.

CodyC99

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you put it behind your review mirror you don't notice it while in the vehicle. I'm not sure if it will work reliably if you don't stick it to the windshield. If someone knows a way to use it without sticking it to the winshield I would love to hear it. I would like to keep the portability of the old versions.

ZGXtreme

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't mind it while in my truck as I can't see it on the other side of the rearview mirror. From the outside, can't stand it. Would be much better if they made them in black or even clear. Of course that won't happen as they'd lose the advertising of that noticable white blob in the windshield.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I plan to do is take a piece of plastic and form it to have a hook on one end that will let it hang from the mirror and stick the sticker on the plastic. Ill keep it in the glove compartment till needed.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to the website to get mine setup for exchange and they wouldn't let me switch it to the sticker until I had at least $40 on the account. I can't even put a lower amount in my account just to keep the dang thing working. I don't feel I need to have what amount I have to put on the account dictated to me. I will put $10-15 on it, use it and add more when needed.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't cost anything to have one for each vehicle. I have to keep one of the old ones for my motorbike. Really not that big of a deal.

This is how I understand it. My wife and I have been trying to find the time to do the paperwork so I can have one on my truck that's on her PikePass account. Until it happens, I can deal with it. It's only saving me $.30 on the $8 round trip to MO every other weekend if I get one.

Other options:
-Stick it to the man! Don't drive them damn toll roads! :nutkick:
-Take extra time and pay more in cash(this is what I do currently).

Other thoughts:
-Are you staring at your windshield that much that you pay attention to your PikePass box/sticker all the time? If so, can I know where to avoid you when driving?
-Are your co-workers those kind of rich people, that assume they're better than you because you have a PikePass sticker/box in your windshield, and don't just toss a Benji at the toll booth attendant?

I don't like paying it, but I also don't want to drive Rt 66 all the way to MO, and I do like the 75mph speed limit. :anyone: YMMV, especially if you take side roads everywhere.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I posted my last comment before I read yours. Does this method work? If so I may try it.

Can't say as I don't have the sticker and stay off of the turnpikes. I had the pikepass in the semi-trucks I drove in the past and would try it in the future if I go back to driving. Since I'd go through a windshield a year on average, I think this would minimize the portability issue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom