Does anyone dislike the new PikePass stickers more than me?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One nice feature of the new sticker (IF they ever implement it) is the plan to integrate the surrounding states toll billing system into ours. Then when we travel to Texas, Kansas, etc. we wouldn't need to stop at each toll booth. We would just be billed through our Oklahoma account.

ENC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The lady at the pikepass store told me that for a one time $25 charge you can get a new box when your old one needs replacement.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I fabricated a Plexiglas and Aluminum bracket to hold one below my motorcycle's headlight. Worked to validate the concept (That the stickers work fine on windshield-less cycles) but looks fugly. Next up is a slightly smaller polished Stainless bracket to hold it over/ in front the handlebar risers. Or just do what I used to do- keep the big, clunky pike pass in the tool bag under the headlight.

OTA doesn't want cyclists to use the sticker passes because of potential damage to the windshield. I explained that I don't have a windshield but they still wouldn't give me one, so I'm using one that was intended for our old Porsche that doesn't get used much.

Electrician Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If someone finds a way to make it work without sticking it to the windshield, please let us know. I know I can have more at no extra charge, but I am not sticking that ugly ass sticker on the windshield of my 40 Ford, my wifes Porsche 911 Vert, or the 34 Ford I am in the process of buying just for an occasional weekend trip.

cowmugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to the website to get mine setup for exchange and they wouldn't let me switch it to the sticker until I had at least $40 on the account. I can't even put a lower amount in my account just to keep the dang thing working. I don't feel I need to have what amount I have to put on the account dictated to me. I will put $10-15 on it, use it and add more when needed.

I always update the one I have over the phone. They allow me to add any amount. I will not put 40 on it just out of independence. Why should they be earning 1 - 2 % interest on my 40 bucks?

I think a good change for them would be to prorate the price based on the speed you can travel. Specifically, if it is under construction and I have to drive 45 for 10miles, the toll should be about half. That would cause them to get the construction done. Better plan would be to have 6 lanes, 4 to drive on and 2 to for them to work on.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the idea for my Jeep. With the top off the old style box is just something any a-hole can snag off my windshield. You know people will do it just because they can.

But no I don't want a sticker on my cycle.

Denver uses license plate readers on their toll road from the Airport to I-25. I had driven that road numerous times and was surprised when all the old toll booths were blocked off. I was worried I would get a fine but actually just got a bill in the mail about a month later. That means Denver turnpike authority could read my OK USMC special plate at 75 MPH and know where to send the bill, I figure most toll readers will all get there pretty soon. Kind of makes you feel a little like “Winston” doesn’t it?

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
One nice feature of the new sticker (IF they ever implement it) is the plan to integrate the surrounding states toll billing system into ours. Then when we travel to Texas, Kansas, etc. we wouldn't need to stop at each toll booth. We would just be billed through our Oklahoma account.

The entire northeast section of the US uses the E-ZPass system. Very handy for us truckers who unfortunately have to drive up there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:E-ZPass_system_map.svg

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the idea for my Jeep. With the top off the old style box is just something any a-hole can snag off my windshield. You know people will do it just because they can.

But no I don't want a sticker on my cycle.

Denver uses license plate readers on their toll road from the Airport to I-25. I had driven that road numerous times and was surprised when all the old toll booths were blocked off. I was worried I would get a fine but actually just got a bill in the mail about a month later. That means Denver turnpike authority could read my OK USMC special plate at 75 MPH and know where to send the bill, I figure most toll readers will all get there pretty soon. Kind of makes you feel a little like “Winston” doesn’t it?

between those and the speed cameras, we are becoming more like Winston every day, fortunately it is progressing slowly IMO, starting to make me think of Minority Report (the eye scanners, etc) every time I hear about some of these new people tracking advances...

I am not a fan of them either, because of the portability thing, and the one I put on my fiance's car went one great, but I managed to get a huge air bubble on the one I put on my truck which is irritating, and even though I put mine behind my mirror and cant see it from the inside, it still sticks out more that the box from the outside which I also don't like...

Latest posts

Top Bottom