Does anyone else on the board not like 1911's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Well guys and gals, lets look at it this way, all guns have failed at some point. Regardless of make, maufacture, or time period. From the first muzzle loaders to todays plastic fantastics. I've got friends who would never in their life own or shoot a bottom feeder, I have others who carry nothing but an SAA or similar type revolver. Everyone has their opinions, and what feels good to them. If you don't like a 1911, thats all good, go find something you do like, and don't sweat the rest. Myself, I enjoy all firearms, and try to keep around at least one of each type. I've even got a couple of those plastic things floating around, no they'er not glocks, but do fall into the catagory.
Picking my favorite would be like asking me which of my children I love the most. I like them all for what they are.

Buzz70

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well guys and gals, lets look at it this way, all guns have failed at some point. Regardless of make, maufacture, or time period. From the first muzzle loaders to todays plastic fantastics. I've got friends who would never in their life own or shoot a bottom feeder, I have others who carry nothing but an SAA or similar type revolver. Everyone has their opinions, and what feels good to them. If you don't like a 1911, thats all good, go find something you do like, and don't sweat the rest. Myself, I enjoy all firearms, and try to keep around at least one of each type. I've even got a couple of those plastic things floating around, no they'er not glocks, but do fall into the catagory.
Picking my favorite would be like asking me which of my children I love the most. I like them all for what they are.

LDP, Good post, I think you may be too level headed for this forum.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Amen.

udiablo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm. Grips, safeties, etc., etc.

Could the real problem simply be that you have a limp wrist?

I like the 1911.....it's a MANLY weapon.

And no, I'm not a glock fan (bet you already figured that out, didn't you?).

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Geez, ask an opinion question, leave for 6 days, and come back to a knock down drag out Glock vs 1911 Shootout...

So far if I counted right there are three of us on the board who just don't like them 1911's...kinda about what I figured the ratio would be LOL...

If we are going to stick with a reliability talk, then I guess I should throw out that out of Sigs, Glocks, Rugers, S&W, Dan Wesson, 1911's(Kimber, Springfield, and RIA), Taurus, Rossi, and Kahr the only failures I have had were from the Kahr and S&W

Latest posts

Top Bottom