Dogs chewing through fence

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Daughter’s neighbor has dogs that chew through her fence. Neighbor says they can’t split the cost of a new fence. My daughter’s husband replaces the fence pickets when they are chewed through. Sounds like the dog chews through the old pickets but not the replaced.

The neighbors are tribal and animal control has told her they can’t do anything about the dogs because of that. Unless the dogs are in her yard.

Any suggestions on what to do about this situation?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first thought is to paint the fence with something the dog finds distasteful. There are potential legal remedies, but that’s probably going cost more than just replacing the pickets, and lead to bad (or worse) relations with the neighbors.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard bitter apple works but I think it's for more localized use. Maybe even just indoors. But might be worth looking at whether it would work on a fence if you could buy it bulk.

I'll bet diesel would work but also would expect neighbors to complain about smell and looks of fence.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently, the neighbor doesn’t control these viscous animals. This is my daughter’s ring video.

IMG_5374.jpeg

He has 5 and due to being tribal, he is exempt from a maximum of 2 dogs.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Daughter’s neighbor has dogs that chew through her fence. Neighbor says they can’t split the cost of a new fence. My daughter’s husband replaces the fence pickets when they are chewed through. Sounds like the dog chews through the old pickets but not the replaced.

The neighbors are tribal and animal control has told her they can’t do anything about the dogs because of that. Unless the dogs are in her yard.

Any suggestions on what to do about this situation?
Jimmy Hoffa…

Latest posts

Top Bottom