Dogs chewing through fence

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Electric fence charger with the wire run at chewing height.
and if the height is a problem......go to premier1supplies.com and get a electric net fence placed right next to the fence on your side.... I have a short 30" one around my garden for squirrels and rabbits. They will probably only have to hit it once to stop. Its not cheap but I guarantee it will be effective.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's the other way around, higher voltage and low amps.
correct. mine will register 5000 volts but very low amps. It is usally measured in Joules. My really hot one that I use around the goats is 8 joules. A lot of the dog ones you see are 0.5 Joules or less. I've been 'hit' by the 8 joules........whoa......

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
correct. mine will register 5000 volts but very low amps. It is usally measured in Joules. My really hot one that I use around the goats is 8 joules. A lot of the dog ones you see are 0.5 Joules or less. I've been 'hit' by the 8 joules........whoa......
Yeah I got zapped by what my grandad used to call a weed burner, and it felt like I stuck a fork in an outlet.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

For 8 joules @ 5000v

1 second = 1.6 milliamps
2 seconds = .8 milliamps
3 seconds - .53 milliamps

Latest posts

Top Bottom