Dogs chewing through fence

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, the subdivision has their rules, but because it is built on tribal lands and neighbor is a member of the tribe the rules don't apply to them? I don't guess I understand how that works.
The hoa is spineless and the tribal part is not related to the hoa.

The animal control told her the tribal thing comes into play and essentially nothing will happen to the offender. We have a friend that is a Cherokee martial. Going to talk to him to see if he will do a knock and talk.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Find out which tribe and call them. If that doesn't work, get a tribal bow and arrow.

I like the diesel on the fence and screw them if they don't like it half of the fence is yours. You could also get some hog wire panels and install those a the chewing level. If a hog can't get through those...

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amps kills
Volts hurts

A capacitor (engine coil) is very high volts, but low Amp and short duration. 220v to a wet tongue is an attention getter.
If they are pitbulls, they need to die.

You own half the fence, just spray half the fence.

A couple of screws along the edge of the picket, from your side, barely through, would get their attention and stop the chewing. Connect the screws to electric fence hot wire and some positive reinforcement to the sharp screw.

A solution of nitric acid, hydrogen peroxide and iodine painted on the pickets will definitely get their attention, once it dries. A feather touch will set it off.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That looks like a pretty nice neighborhood. Not the type of place I’d expect issues like this. Tough situation… There’s lots of potential solutions but none of them are trouble free, and almost all will cause issues issues with the Neighbor

If the dogs are just high energy and neglected thats where I’d go with something like the hog panels around the bottom or whatever.

But if these dogs are dangerous, I would just let them break through the fence into my backyard then effin choot em

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Replace the chewed pickets and then paint the bottom of the fence with a paint roller and used engine oil or used transmission fluid.
Then take some barn metal or R panel whatever you wish to call it .
Usually comes in 2 foot or 3 foot wide sections you lay it long ways down the fence at the bottom and screw it to the pickets.

Pokie screws stop some chewing and you are not chewing through steel.

WHY paint it with petroleum product.
Ants and bugs will love to live in the void between the metal and wood.
But those critters including termites will leave the "coated" wood alone.
I used to use old diesel oil cut with red diesel fuel to spray the wood deck on my 16' trailer. It was always stored outside and the deck was still good for the entire 17 years I owned it.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Several years ago the neighbor's dog gave me fits every time I wnet into the back yard so I bought some cheap spray (to ward off attackers type) and when I went out and the dog ran up to the fence I blasted him with the spray and had no other problems with that dog. However, I did get a taste of the spray when all of it didn't go thru thew crack in the privacy fence and it back sprayed me a bit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom