Dogs chewing through fence

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bear spray
If it’s OC-based, I don’t think it’ll work unless you’re spraying the dog while it’s chewing. Years ago, one of my dogs found an articulated partial deer leg, so I sprayed it with OC spray to keep him from chewing on it. He thought it was wonderful how I’d seasoned it for him.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it’s OC-based, I don’t think it’ll work unless you’re spraying the dog while it’s chewing. Years ago, one of my dogs found an articulated partial deer leg, so I sprayed it with OC spray to keep him from chewing on it. He thought it was wonderful how I’d seasoned it for him.
My kind of dog!

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d spray them in the face while chewing.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Replace the chewed pickets and then paint the bottom of the fence with a paint roller and used engine oil or used transmission fluid.
Then take some barn metal or R panel whatever you wish to call it .
Usually comes in 2 foot or 3 foot wide sections you lay it long ways down the fence at the bottom and screw it to the pickets.

Pokie screws stop some chewing and you are not chewing through steel.

WHY paint it with petroleum product.
Ants and bugs will love to live in the void between the metal and wood.
But those critters including termites will leave the "coated" wood alone.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, the subdivision has their rules, but because it is built on tribal lands and neighbor is a member of the tribe the rules don't apply to them? I don't guess I understand how that works.

Latest posts

Top Bottom