Egg shortage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did not put that there for the worm talk.
I have no desire to fart around with raising worms to feed the chickens.

I put it there for the talk about feeding some meat to the chickens.

Thinking of taking back up squirrel hunting. But with the twist of feeding the squirrels to the chickens so I can eat the eggs.
From some of the highs that got to $8-$9 a dozen- to $5-$6 now- remember media is going to use the extremes- nobody cares about the 3 tires that have air in them.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1677963982222411.jpg

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's something I didn't expect. Been buying eggs from a local guy here when prices went sky high and availability went to nothing stocked. $3/dz and we like them much better than store bought. Well, I got a group text yesterday from the guy along with 6-7 others saying he's got 10 dz ready and another 2 dz coming the next day. Seems the grocery store prices going down and availability going up he's not selling as many. Feel kinda sorry for him since he bought more chicks with the expectation of it continuing to go on.

Anybody want/need eggs in the Blanchard/Newcastle/Tuttle area let me know and I'll pass along his phone number.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's something I didn't expect. Been buying eggs from a local guy here when prices went sky high and availability went to nothing stocked. $3/dz and we like them much better than store bought. Well, I got a group text yesterday from the guy along with 6-7 others saying he's got 10 dz ready and another 2 dz coming the next day. Seems the grocery store prices going down and availability going up he's not selling as many. Feel kinda sorry for him since he bought more chicks with the expectation of it continuing to go on.

Anybody want/need eggs in the Blanchard/Newcastle/Tuttle area let me know and I'll pass along his phone number.
I wish I was closer.

The egg crisis does present many opportunities for the improvement of local food system. If you don't have chickens, support someone who does. I remember reading an article by Joe Saladin in Mother Earth News, something that stuck out was, "100 years ago there was no garbage pick up, nor were there any. Commercial egg farms"

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish I was closer.

The egg crisis does present many opportunities for the improvement of local food system. If you don't have chickens, support someone who does. I remember reading an article by Joe Saladin in Mother Earth News, something that stuck out was, "100 years ago there was no garbage pick up, nor were there any. Commercial egg farms"
somthinelse o'l joel forgot to mention is that people died from brucelosis ,tuberculosis, typhoid etc. don't put to much faith in what he says.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Damn inflation - he up'd his price to $4/dz. Not much cheaper than you can get brown, free range eggs from the store. Add in gas spent for separate trip and the store is cheaper. Not necessarily better but cheaper.

Latest posts

Top Bottom