Eischens lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not Eischens Resturant, it's Eishens Bar.

Are children allowed there at any time during the day? If so, it is a restaurant that dispenses low point beer. Title 37 is really outdated. So there is no distinction between what time of day it is. Children at any time is not a bar.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
they serve more beer than chicken, ABLE Commision calls it a bar. i think they get around the kids because they dont serve hard stuff. i know slick willies pool halls have some loophole they use cause ive taken my kids there before, i dont understand the distinction though....

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not Eischens Resturant, it's Eishens Bar.

What name they use to market is has no bearing on the distinctions codified in state law. If their liquor license says it's a bar, rather than a restaurant, then how is it that children are allowed inside?

timn8er

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually saw this last year in Charleston, South Carolina at the Food and Wine Festival. A hipster, complete with black framed glasses and a pork pie hat was using a knife and fork on a taco.

Years ago, when then President Gerald Ford visited San Antonio, he was handed a tamale to sample. He took a bite out of it, wrapper & all, & pronounced it good.

timn8er

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like I mentioned on the fried chicken thread. Eischen's is good, it's actually really good, but it's just really good for plain fried chicken. There's nothing special about it, no secret spices, no honey drizzled over the top like Bobo's, it's just plain, traditional fried chicken. Part of the charm is in the atmosphere. Standing in line waiting on a table while pounding a pitcher of beer is appealing to some, me included.

The best way to experience Eischen's is to consume 1 pitcher of beer before seating yourself.
Bite of fried chicken + bite of onion + bite of bread and butter pickles.

Perfect combo that I enjoy. Have I had better friend chicken? Yes. Have I had a better all around experience while eating fried chicken? Not even close.

Is "friend chicken" different from regular chicken?:thumbup3:

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My SDA instructor said "If you can take the kids, you can carry." Hence places like Eischens, Hooters, etc are fine regardless of the marketing as a bar. A bar is an establishment that is 21 and over to enter.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually wasn't referring to carrying in the place. I was referring to the fact that it is a beer bar, that serves a little chicken, which is better when you're drunk. Kinda like Taco Mayo being delicious at 2 am on the way home from the bar.

One of the last times we were in there a lady at the table next to us tried to order tea. I thought the cranky old waitress was gonna throw her out. "We ain't got no tea lady, this is a bar, we got beer. You wanna beer". She was absolutely aghast at being spoken to like that, the 14 or so drunks at our table thought it was hilarious. Her husband/boyfriend told her to relax and have a beer, and everyone around had a good chuckle.

I could care what the ABLE commission calls it. It's a bar. It always has been. Actually it was a saloon before it was a bar. They got signs outside, so maybe they put them there to settle the question of whether you could legally carry there, because apparently some people were confused. I couldn't know why they put them there for sure. Eischen's is a dank, smarmy, small town Oklahoma, downtown beer joint. They also cook a little chicken. Sometimes it's better than others. Generally after a couple pitchers of beer, the chicken is a lot better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom