Anyone into Wet Shaving?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
September 25, 2006. The date after I was piped ashore.šŸ§”
Iā€™ve not been clean shaven, well, ever since I started growing facial hair. I really couldnā€™t tell you the last time I shaved my chin whiskers, but it has to be at least 30 years, and Iā€™ve never shaved my mustache. I used to shave my cheeks and neck when I had a job that required it, and I gave serious thought to using a straight razor to shave at one point, but then I realized that I just hate shaving too much for that. My current job doesnā€™t require it, so I donā€™t do it.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just have to keep the neckbeard trimmed up, the trusty remington lectric foil cuts smooth enough, but once in a while I get the gumption to use grandpa's WWII Navy straight razor. Keep it sharp enough I can't even feel the nicks.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Donā€™t think Iā€™d say Iā€™m ā€œin toā€ wet shaving since thatā€™s all Iā€™ve ever doneā€¦.and Iā€™m 56. I normally use my grandfatherā€™s Gillette safety razor but from time to time Iā€™ll grab his grandfatherā€™s Prince straight razor. I have my dadā€™s USMC issued to him in ā€˜63 or one of a bunch of razors that have been handed down through the centuries. I have one straight razor from the late 1700s but itā€™s a bit too rough to use on my face. I just use it as a letter opener. šŸ˜‰ View attachment 506818
View attachment 506827View attachment 506828View attachment 506826
I like the idea of straight razors, I just hate shaving. If I had to go back to shaving, Iā€™d seriously consider using a quality straight razor.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I donā€™t think a straight razor does any better or worse than a safety razor with the exception of keeping a nice straight line under my jaw for the 5 months out of the year I keep a beard.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Iā€™ve not been clean shaven, well, ever since I started growing facial hair. I really couldnā€™t tell you the last time I shaved my chin whiskers, but it has to be at least 30 years, and Iā€™ve never shaved my mustache. I used to shave my cheeks and neck when I had a job that required it, and I gave serious thought to using a straight razor to shave at one point, but then I realized that I just hate shaving too much for that. My current job doesnā€™t require it, so I donā€™t do it.
sounds like my dad. I have never seen him without a mustache, Magnum PI style.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to patronize a place in KC called "Soul Patch" ran by some hot looking women. A rockabilly, rat rods, fine rides and vintage motorcycle atmosphere. Local brewery tap, top shelf liquor and cigars. Men's accessory boutique. Very well ran business.
Hot towel shave on my birthday by smokin hot tattoo doll, good for my mojo.
I need a go fund me to do that these days

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, it was a thread on OSA about a decade ago that inspired me to try out wet shaving and have stuck with it.

Initially tried different razors, blades, and creams. But settled on a Merkur razor, Personna blades, badger and synthetic brush, Proraso cream and Clubman bay rum aftershave. Cheap and effective.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't own a razor , oils, balms , creams , lotions or even hair products. I do have electric clippers for when the hair on various parts of my body needs trimming

Latest posts

Top Bottom