Anyone into Wet Shaving?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's cool that some of you guys really get into that shaving thing. I just can't. I hate shaving. I'll go a week, trim it as short as I can with electric hair trimmers and then often just splash water on my face and hit it with a cheap disposable razor. I don't know why I despise shaving so much. I'd like to try a straight razor once, though, just to say I did it.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to patronize a place in KC called "Soul Patch" ran by some hot looking women. A rockabilly, rat rods, fine rides and vintage motorcycle atmosphere. Local brewery tap, top shelf liquor and cigars. Men's accessory boutique. Very well ran business.
Hot towel shave on my birthday by smokin hot tattoo doll, good for my mojo.
I need a go fund me to do that these days
Jeez, I almost got a happy ending reading this.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's cool that some of you guys really get into that shaving thing. I just can't. I hate shaving. I'll go a week, trim it as short as I can with electric hair trimmers and then often just splash water on my face and hit it with a cheap disposable razor. I don't know why I despise shaving so much. I'd like to try a straight razor once, though, just to say I did it.
I didn't have to shave until I was around 34 so I never got used to it. It pains me to have to shave what little beard and stache I have now. I can go a week and have 1/4 inch to shave.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This was me. I hated shaving and those Gillete fusion cartridges cost a fortune. Tried the electric razor thing for a while but by afternoon I needed to shave again. I've since found the best razor and shaving soap that works for me and I get a baby butt smooth face with 2 passes. I enjoy it now

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If any of you yokels 😉 really want to give a straight razor a try I’d encourage you to do so. If you’ve ever shaved the back of your hand with your pocketknife to check for sharpness you get the idea. Just be sure it’s really sharp, take your time as this is one activity you don’t want to do when you’re in a rush. Also if you’re feeling like you’re coming at a cut in an awkward way best to listen to that little voice.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shave when getting out of the shower every morning. Just splash a little hot water on the face and used a safety razor. Never had much of a beard. A blade will last me a month before needing changed.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that in my 78 years of life, I might have had a mustache for maybe 3 or 4 weeks before shaving that off. Started shaving with an electric because my dad used one, but after Basic Training in the Army, I switched over to a Gillette razor and Foamy shaving cream. I'm still using an old Gillette Sensor (two blade with teflon) razor, but have switched to Barbasol shaving cream.

I got rid of the mustache because I got tired of trying to "train" it in its direction of growth.

Latest posts

Top Bottom