El Reno versus Chickasha

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which city draws you the most?

• El Reno

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Chickasha

Votes: 16 72.7%

• Total voters

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score

I think he's saying that El Reno schools suck and Mustang schools are good.
Precisely. I edited my post for clarity. It seems that since catching the Rona this time around I’ve been really struggling with words.
I would disagree with some of the above that said Chickasha for future growth. Mustang, Yukon, and Piedmont are all about out of room so everything will continue to expand west toward El Reno in the following years. The plus for Chickasha is all the small towns (400-1000 populations) that they draw. (Ninnekah, Cement, Cyril, Verden, Rush Springs, Dibble, Alex...) So you probably get another 10,000 or so customers.
This is true. Most of the last large plots of land in the mustang/Yukon/OKC between the two areas have been bought up and are actively being developed. I forget my count, but I think my last estimate was 3-4k new homes being built. Should slow down westward expansion for 5-10 years, but once that’s done, it will be a matter of time before el Reno is just another suburb. Kinda sad, but that’s how things go I suppose.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you for the input folks. Unfortunately due to confidentiality agreements I can't disclose name or industry until a later date. The business model itself isn't a concern as much as the area and quality of life. Both towns appear to almost similar in population and are both showing age. It looks like Chickasha has had more new growth which is promising.

Impossible to give a solid, sound recommendation without knowing the industry and its potential clientele.

Chickasha is on path to improve resident quality of life with a ton of money being invested in the downtown area close to the fairgrounds and the new leg lamp statue.

If you’re just looking for a location to base a business and clientele will be serviced remotely, like an oilfield service company, then probably El Reno. Staff can live elsewhere. If you’re going to sell something to local residents and need staff to live in or close to town, Chickasha.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Impossible to give a solid, sound recommendation without knowing the industry and its potential clientele.

If you’re going to sell something to local residents and need staff to live in or close to town, Chickasha.

This is what I was looking for. The volume and profits from the business model aren't the concern. I know based on my 15 years of doing this that El Reno will make more profit; however, sometimes it's better to give up a little bit to have a city you actually enjoy living in. This isn't for me but my daughter and her husband who I have coached for 10 years to have this opportunity.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
El Reno is a growing and solid small town- we have a good community with good growth, and we are 15 minutes to the metro for any needs we don't have- I grew up here, but lived in Beaumont, TX- San Antonio, TX- Smithville, MO- just north of Kansas City- Keller, TX- in the Dallas/Ft Worth metro- I was never so glad to be able to move back home 20 years ago- could have lived anywhere, but love it here.
There is no perfect place- I have lived in a few different places and they all had their issues. Same with different schools, which I see this way- schools need to get back to basic education and stop trying to social engineer every student into someone who has to go to college to be anything. College is fine if you truly have a career goal that uses the information you learn. But if you granulate college with a huge debt and take a job at a low wage, I question how smart you are.

Last edited:

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is what I was looking for. The volume and profits from the business model aren't the concern. I know based on my 15 years of doing this that El Reno will make more profit; however, sometimes it's better to give up a little bit to have a city you actually enjoy living in. This isn't for me but my daughter and her husband who I have coached for 10 years to have this opportunity.

Well, I'm certainly interested in a business model where profits are not a concern, and the business can still be successful.

If I was looking at two locations, and one location offered the opportunity for more profit I'd open it there.

Lots of nice places to live within a 30 minute drive, with some much closer, to each without living in either.

Blanchard, Tuttle, Newcastle Middleburg all within a 30 minute drive from Chickasha.

Yukon, Mustang, Piedmont, Minco, Union City, Okarche, Tuttle all pretty close to El Reno.

All of those places have seen a pretty nice gain in new residential construction over the last several years, and it is ongoing.

Good Luck to your people on the new endeavor. Sounds exciting. When they get up and running let us know. I'm about 15-20 minutes from Chickasha and go there pretty often to buy stuff I don't really need.

Latest posts

Top Bottom