El Reno versus Chickasha

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which city draws you the most?

• El Reno

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Chickasha

Votes: 16 72.7%

• Total voters

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Precisely. I edited my post for clarity. It seems that since catching the Rona this time around I’ve been really struggling with words.

This is true. Most of the last large plots of land in the mustang/Yukon/OKC between the two areas have been bought up and are actively being developed. I forget my count, but I think my last estimate was 3-4k new homes being built. Should slow down westward expansion for 5-10 years, but once that’s done, it will be a matter of time before el Reno is just another suburb. Kinda sad, but that’s how things go I suppose.
There is a ton of room around El Reno for growth and we to draw from smaller towns around us

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is what I was looking for. The volume and profits from the business model aren't the concern. I know based on my 15 years of doing this that El Reno will make more profit; however, sometimes it's better to give up a little bit to have a city you actually enjoy living in. This isn't for me but my daughter and her husband who I have coached for 10 years to have this opportunity.
Highway 4 and nw expressway. So I don’t have to drive as far to get my wife her fix :)

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I'm certainly interested in a business model where profits are not a concern, and the business can still be successful.

If I was looking at two locations, and one location offered the opportunity for more profit I'd open it there.

Lots of nice places to live within a 30 minute drive, with some much closer, to each without living in either.

Blanchard, Tuttle, Newcastle Middleburg all within a 30 minute drive from Chickasha.

Yukon, Mustang, Piedmont, Minco, Union City, Okarche, Tuttle all pretty close to El Reno.

All of those places have seen a pretty nice gain in new residential construction over the last several years, and it is ongoing.

Good Luck to your people on the new endeavor. Sounds exciting. When they get up and running let us know. I'm about 15-20 minutes from Chickasha and go there pretty often to buy stuff I don't really need.
You are inferring something not implied. For easy numbers, would you pick making 100 over 103k… for a better quality of life? I would. I think that is what he’s getting at.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Based on what- my kid goes to El Reno and I find it to be just fine- I also went here and had no trouble - you commit is BS
Based on facts. I don’t want to offend you or make you upset but their is no denying that teen pregnancy and drug use are both issues in that school, I have seen both among my nieces and nephews freinds. Top that off with the state scorecards showing that 50%+ of the students fall below the basic knowledge of their given grade level, and that’s across every demographic. That school has a culture problem that started long ago and hopefully can someday be fixed by parents that give a damn (hopefully like you) and educators that are capable.

I do hope your kids do well there. I hope they are the minority that are in the AP classes and the 1% that test as Advanced. And if they are I commend you as a parent for being there for your kid and pushing them. The numbers prove that the family is the ones that makes kids successful in that school, not the education system.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I'm certainly interested in a business model where profits are not a concern, and the business can still be successful.

If I was looking at two locations, and one location offered the opportunity for more profit I'd open it there.

Lol. Nobody wants to be unprofitable. What I meant to say is that the difference in “profits” between these two opportunities won’t be the driving factor.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Based on facts. I don’t want to offend you or make you upset but their is no denying that teen pregnancy and drug use are both issues in that school, I have seen both among my nieces and nephews freinds. Top that off with the state scorecards showing that 50%+ of the students fall below the basic knowledge of their given grade level, and that’s across every demographic. That school has a culture problem that started long ago and hopefully can someday be fixed by parents that give a damn (hopefully like you) and educators that are capable.

I do hope your kids do well there. I hope they are the minority that are in the AP classes and the 1% that test as Advanced. And if they are I commend you as a parent for being there for your kid and pushing them. The numbers prove that the family is the ones that makes kids successful in that school, not the education system.
I do not believe that drug use or teen pregnancy is a larger problem here than many schools, including a Yukon or Mustang. I do believe larger systems do a better job of hiding a lot of it. El Reno is working person's community with heavy oil field, trucking and the like. Before that it was Rock Island Railroad and Fort Reno. I guess we are a tougher community than some, but the quality of life here is good and always has been. I am a Realtor here and see all elements of life, but I also see them in a lot of other places as my work sometimes includes property evaluations on a wide variety of properties in a 100-mile radius or so. I find people are pretty close to the same no matter what neighborhood you're in, and there is damn sure always someone who loves slamming you available almost everywhere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom