ELECTION RESULTS - Realtime Discussion Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well two senate races were lost because the male Republican candidates were too stupid to keep their mouths shut about rape. You'd think they'd have learned after Clayton Williams lost to Ann Richards in Texas because of a stupid rape joke back in the 90's.

Abortion is a stupid issue to be fighting over when you're trying to run a government. What in the bloody hell does abortion have to do with running a country? What does marijuana have to do with running a country? What does gay marriage have to do with running a country? Not one damn thing. It's a stupid platform to be running on when we're in an 11+ year war, the economy is in shambles, the deficit is heading towards the stratosphere and people are literally starving in America. Leave the social issues to the churches and communities to set standards of acceptable behavior and focus on good governance!

I'll tell you one thing, the next GOP moron who mentions any of these things as a critical campaign issue should be tarred, feathered and run out of town on a rail! :disappoin

well said JB

i agree, same with the Lib BS, both sides need to move to the center, thats where the majority is.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think all Republicans should be happy right now. Even if Romney squeaked it out, your party would have died in 2016.

The GOP is an impotent dinosaur. You lost women voters by 12 points...twice in 4 years. Check and see what percentage of voters are women. Do these people running these insanely expensive campaigns not have the ability to do basic math? Someone loan them a calculator.

Also, brown people. There will not be less of them in 2016. Like women, they can vote now, too. Again, calculator.

Also young people. Young people don't like you, GOP. They're not gonna like you in their 30's, and they're not gonna like you in their 70s. Your old voter base is dying off and will not be replaced. Calculator.

Now is the last chance for a GOP sea change, or just they should just stop challenging the Democrats for the Whitehouse. That whole radicalization thing since '08 worked great, eh? Keep it up, idiots.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's the social issues keeping people from voting Republican. If they'd drop the damn gay marriage and ease up on the abortion business they could've won tonight. Butthurt coming.

People don't vote Republican, because Republicans deal with social issues by pretending that they either don't exist or will resolve themselves.

Welcome to another four years of redistribution .... and AWB ...

FML!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think all Republicans should be happy right now. Even if Romney squeaked it out, your party would have died in 2016.

The GOP is an impotent dinosaur. You lost women voters by 12 points...twice in 4 years. Check and see what percentage of voters are women. Do these people running these insanely expensive campaigns not have the ability to do basic math? Someone loan them a calculator.

Also, brown people. There will not be less of them in 2016. Like women, they can vote now, too. Again, calculator.

Also young people. Young people don't like you, GOP. They're not gonna like you in their 30's, and they're not gonna like you in their 70s. Your old voter base is dying off and will not be replaced. Calculator.

Now is the last chance for a GOP sea change, or just they should just stop challenging the Democrats for the Whitehouse. That whole radicalization thing since '08 worked great, eh? Keep it up, idiots.

Exactly. I find it LOLworthy that the GOP can't secure the Hispanic vote. They are the primary employers of Hispanics. They agree on abortion, contraception and gay marriage. They agree on basic family values. All they seem to disagree on is immigration reform and the Dems are exploiting that chasm for all it's worth. A question I always ask myself is whether a Catholic Hispanic that knowingly votes for a liberal that supports gay marriage, abortion and free contraceptives is still a "Good Catholic"? Perhaps someone can answer that one for me?

As for the women, well what can you say? The GOP apparently loves misogyny. How else do you explain their hostility towards the essentially non-governmental issues that are important to women??? :anyone:

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least Obama will get credit for taxmageddon coming up shortly.

GOP lost this thing long ago during the primary when they let the MSM pick their candidate for them. IDK anything really about Chis Christie, but I like his style.

Latest posts

Top Bottom