• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy Empty wine bottles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I am located in norman, but do get up around Ponca on occasion for fishing or deer seasons?
Get in touch with me next time you're up this way. I get my wife to see if she can get some from the recycle center. They gave her some once for a bottle cutting project she was doing.

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Get in touch with me next time you're up this way. I get my wife to see if she can get some from the recycle center. They gave her some once for a bottle cutting project she was doing.
Great will do. It very well could be October before I do, but I will follow up with you all the same. Thanks!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
The Brew Shop.
https://www.thebrewshopokc.com/
I just got new bottles.
I noticed when making wine the bubbler or balloon I would use on top while fermenting would add that flavor to the wine. That is if they had any smell to begin with.
I ended up buying some bubbler corks that had NO smell and my wine had a better flavor.

That shop has all kinds of yeasts but i prefer my Fleischmann regular yeast.
I have made wine from all kinds of fruits.
Banana was awesome.

Moparman485

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
The Brew Shop.
https://www.thebrewshopokc.com/
I just got new bottles.
I noticed when making wine the bubbler or balloon I would use on top while fermenting would add that flavor to the wine. That is if they had any smell to begin with.
I ended up buying some bubbler corks that had NO smell and my wine had a better flavor.

That shop has all kinds of yeasts but i prefer my Fleischmann regular yeast.
I have made wine from all kinds of fruits.
Banana was awesome.
We go there a lot actually.so far we’ve made a fair splash of differing ones. Muscadine, pineapple, banana (pure and with various add ins), kiwi, carrot, corn, grape, strawberry, cranberry, blackberry, vanilla, and others I’m sure. Trying to decide which ones we want to “big batch” next. Pineapple wine and another banana wine are on the top of the list. We made an apple cinnamon one that tasted like Christmas too. Haha.

About to have some storm cellars installed, and one will be used largely for storing ammo and wine. Gotta be prepared ya know ;-)

Moparman485

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Does it matter if screw top vs corked? Since you're corking, I don't think it'd matter but thought I'd ask before rummaging through the trash! :)
Either would work. I’ve corked both just fine. Then pop on a pretty little shrink wrap and ya can’t even tell! Haha.

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
May give that a try! I never would have thought about that. Thanks!
I suspect if you stop by a few bars/restraunts they will save all you want if you will stop by and pick them up once in a while -- but the recycle bins are probably best and easiest - might find some nice ones too

Moparman485

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
well gents, I have to hand it to ya. Stopped by the recycling center and within 40 mins I have a truck bed full for free (aside from a nice cut on my finger because I’m stupid and didn’t put on my gloves first). I will 100% go back for more after a week or two. Thanks again guys! I tip my hat to thee!

Latest posts

Top Bottom