Encouraging the Job-Seekers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to take a minute to encourage those of you looking for work. It's hard, it's humbling, it's a PITA, and it sucks. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I went back to work this week at just slightly more than I was making a year ago when I lost that job. It's not as much as I was making in Ohio at an HVAC plant, but it'll help pay the bills. I'm actually making less than my wife, but who cares?

Hang in there. You WILL get through this!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new job. Unemployment always sucks, although I've only experienced it a couple of times for more than a week. Our youngest son just got an offer today in the IT field. He had been out of work for at least three months, if I remember right.

JBHusted

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
On a related note. . .the outfit I work for is looking to hire a couple IT guys now in the Stillwater area, and will be hiring 5-6 in the OKC area in the coming months.

.NET/WPF/WCF/MVC and Oracle.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested. . .I can at least get you in the right direction.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My buddy retired a couple of years ago with a good knowledge of SAP. He got hired back for awhile to train his replacement and got layed off. Applied for unemployment, went out on job interviews, and thought if he listed a desired salary higher than he had ever made, nobody would want him, and he could live off the teat for awhile.
First interview he got hired, part time, which worked out for him, then got the job done and went back on unemployment, next interview, got hired again at a stupidly high salary.

Almost three years now, and he is still working. Don't ever give up looking and don't undersell yourself if your looking for a job is what I'm seeing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom