Ever had a CAT Scan? MRI?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately I've had a few in the last couple of years. Doctors can't decide if they are TIAs which are mini strokes or seizures.
Were the mini strokes like one eye was twitching bad for a few minutes/seconds causing dizziness and nausea then gradually stopped?

Right after I had a series of those episodes within a period of months, my vision worsened and no matter what Rx the eye doctor tried nothing worked until I told him I could see 7 to 9 dots of light in one eye and 8 to 9 in the other. He tried prismatic lenses and wow, did that ever make a difference! He said, "You have had some small strokes and didn't know it." I then described what happened and he confirmed it.

boocat71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Were the mini strokes like one eye was twitching bad for a few minutes/seconds causing dizziness and nausea then gradually stopped?

Right after I had a series of those episodes within a period of months, my vision worsened and no matter what Rx the eye doctor tried nothing worked until I told him I could see 7 to 9 dots of light in one eye and 8 to 9 in the other. He tried prismatic lenses and wow, did that ever make a difference! He said, "You have had some small strokes and didn't know it." I then described what happened and he confirmed it.
No I lost feeling in my right side and then could not form words.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny this thread should pop up, going on for a CT scan next Thursday. Have no idea what it might prove or disprove, doc still looking for what might be the reason I have no energy.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny this thread should pop up, going on for a CT scan next Thursday. Have no idea what it might prove or disprove, doc still looking for what might be the reason I have no energy.
About two years ago, I was taking a shower and realized I had a very sharp pain in my chest just left of my solar plexus, and I didn't feel very good. So went to the emergency room, they ran a bunch of tests and couldn't find a cause. The ER doc finally said, "I guess we could do a cat scan and rule out blood clots in your lungs. I don't think it will show anything, but sometimes we get surprised. That would be about everything we can check."

So we did the cat scan and he came back a little later and said, "It's a good thing we did the cat scan.... you have a fractured rib... and cancer in your right kidney."

Apparently, I blacked out that morning and broke a rib on my way down, and didn't remember it at all until later. I said all that to say... let them do the cat scan. It might not prove or disprove anything... but it might.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Wif had no energy. She had Covid in oct. Drs thought she may had a small stroke, caused by the Covid.

Done the CT. Found cancer. Probably would have not found without CT

Latest posts

Top Bottom