Everywheres sold out of ammo!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honest question here: Isn't the term gouging only applicable when the person (or business) selling the product has control of the supply or has a captive market?
I would say you’re correct, but if a person has 9mm ammo when no one else does, wouldn’t that person sort of have control of the supply?!?:scratch:

We’re supposed to live in a free market economy, so people can charge what they want to charge. I don’t personally know of anyone who is being “forced” to buy from the so called “gougers”.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are on a gun forum that should support capitalism and the principles of laissez faire economics, yet some of you cry and moan when something is too pricey due to limited supply. If you don't like the price, find it elsewhere cheaper or wait for the market to stabilize. As previously stated, if you were around during the Sandy Hook panic buying, you should have been prepared for an ammo shortage. Gouging is an overused term thrown around by crybabies. Simple supply and demand- the supply is being consumed while the demand is increasing because of a perceived crisis.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are on a gun forum that should support capitalism and the principles of laissez faire economics, yet some of you cry and moan when something is too pricey due to limited supply. If you don't like the price, find it elsewhere cheaper or wait for the market to stabilize. As previously stated, if you were around during the Sandy Hook panic buying, you should have been prepared for an ammo shortage. Gouging is an overused term thrown around by crybabies. Simple supply and demand- the supply is being consumed while the demand is increasing because of a perceived crisis.

I guess you are a proponent of anarchy as well right? Because laissez faire is the anarchy of capitalism. Anyone who has studied economics would understand that capitalism, like government, would fail without checks and balances.
To think otherwise is to live in a dream world.

EKing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess you are a proponent of anarchy as well right? Because laissez faire is the anarchy of capitalism. Anyone who has studied economics would understand that capitalism, like government, would fail without checks and balances.
To think otherwise is to live in a dream world.

Forgive me, I didn't go to college so, another simple question here.
Aren't these checks and balances you write of built into the capitalist model? Fair competition free of price controls (government intervention) will check and balance itself. If one guy wants to charge too much for a product, his competition; who has the same access to the same products and market; will simply charge a lower price and the consumer can make a decision of what and where to spend his money. Is this not correct?

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Forgive me, I didn't go to college so, another simple question here.
Aren't these checks and balances you write of built into the capitalist model? Fair competition free of price controls (government intervention) will check and balance itself. If one guy wants to charge too much for a product, his competition; who has the same access to the same products and market; will simply charge a lower price and the consumer can make a decision of what and where to spend his money. Is this not correct?

No, because that ignores the fact that big businesses can price competitors out of the market and create a monopoly, thereby eliminating any need to have competitive prices.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, because that ignores the fact that big businesses can price competitors out of the market and create a monopoly, thereby eliminating any need to have competitive prices.
Considering this is discussion about the current “ammo shortage” and the “big boys” are sold out, that doesn’t really apply here.:scratch:

Latest posts

Top Bottom