Experts: Mystery contrail was from Chinese missile

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All I got to do is read a thread like this to understand:

1. Many normal, unassuming Oklahomans are REALLY world-class researchers with specialized and expert knowledges in obsure scientific, geopolitical, or military subjects.

2. Look no further than a public gun forum to find an academic quorum 'gathering of the minds', where the braintrust sharpens their intellect and prerogatives on the subjects mentioned above.

3. Take nothing at face value, because frankly that is academically lazy.

You sir, are a steely eyed keyboard poker! Thankyou!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still say it was a Patriot missile, cause it veered hard right immediately after launch. :lmfao:

Thanks for bringing it up!
In 1990 when we were watching the Patriot "successfully" shoot down the Scuds, my wife asked me how come the Scud still hit the ground and exploded. I couldn't give her a good answer. Mean time the President was at Raytheon saying "Thank God for the Patriot missile", still remember his words. It took months to get the experts to figure out what my wife spotted the first time, that the Patriot was failing to stop the Scuds.
Did anybody lie to us about the Patriot?

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for bringing it up!
In 1990 when we were watching the Patriot "successfully" shoot down the Scuds, my wife asked me how come the missile still hit the ground and exploded. I couldn't give her a good answer. Mean time the President was at Raytheon saying "Thank God for the Patriot missile", still remember his words. It took months to get the experts to figure out what my wife spotted the first time, that the Patriot was failing to stop the Scuds.
Did anybody lie to us about the Patriot?
But, but, but...
Raytheon stock soared. And the pentagon bought a bunch more of those missiles.

'the President' ? I noticed you didn't mention if it was a R or a D president.
Mustov been an R; if it was a D you would have underlined it. :)

sides; I was making a joke.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But, but, but...
Raytheon stock soared. And the pentagon bought a bunch more of those missiles.

'the President' ? I noticed you didn't mention if it was a R or a D president.
Mustov been an R; if it was a D you would have underlined it. :)

sides; I was making a joke.

I am not a Bush fan, I was not trying to cover up for him. I am the one that likes to remind people that the Republicans (the "R" word) have more gun control laws in the books today than those dirty Ds. Like the Reagan's machine gun ban and Bush's "assault weapon" import ban.
As for the Patriot, it was unbelievable, they were lying right in front of our eyes and we were buying it. Raytheon was rewarded with more money for their failure.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not a Bush fan, I was not trying to cover up for him. I am the one that likes to remind people that the Republicans (the "R" word) have more gun control laws in the books today than those dirty Ds. Like the Reagan's machine gun ban and Bush's "assault weapon" import ban.
As for the Patriot, it was unbelievable, they were lying right in front of our eyes and we were buying it. Raytheon was rewarded with more money for their failure.

Well, the first few incoming missiles it actually LOOKED like they were successful intercepts.
AND the Israeli's praised the patriots as 'their patriots too'.

Still, when people saw the intact missile carcasses on the streets, they should have recognized the limitations and failures.

Didn't help when PBS ran a story about the low success rate of the patriot, people on the right, the pentagon, and the WH, denounced them.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, the first few incoming missiles it actually LOOKED like they were successful intercepts.
AND the Israeli's praised the patriots as 'their patriots too'.

Still, when people saw the intact missile carcasses on the streets, they should have recognized the limitations and failures.

Didn't help when PBS ran a story about the low success rate of the patriot, people on the right, the pentagon, and the WH, denounced them.

Since the beginning the Patriots were failing, my wife (knows nothing about missiles) spotted it right away. You had the Patriot explode and the scud (a red dot on the TV) continue to the ground.
I remember an engineer or something similar much later on TV analyzing the videos.
The Israelis were pretty happy because unlike previous policies that didn't allow even joint exercises with them, now for the first time they had US troops defending them on their land ready to die for them. Of course they loved it. One helluva shift in US policy.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
....it was unbelievable, they were lying right in front of our eyes and we were buying it.

Say it ain't so....the government lied to the citizens, and all of the bobble-heads ate it up? "Well, the government's official position is '___________', so it has to be so". I took off those red, white, and blue tinted glasses a long time ago. Love my country, but have no love or trust for my government.

"Our country" and "our government" are not synonymous.

Latest posts

Top Bottom