F4 on Aircraft Carrier

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GlockCop said:
As we used to say in the USAF (at least what I heard around) was that the F-4 was proof that with enough thrust even a brick can fly.

First prototypes, were extremely difficult to fly.
The inverted wing tail section brought stability.

Toad 22

Marksman
Reaction score
I love the looks of the Phantom! I was working at an airshow one time and have to get a hydraulic test stand for the mechanics working on the F4. The shirts they had on said "Phantom Phixers"! Thanks for the replies, very interesting! The pics are in Charleston, SC on the Yorktown Carrier

Tully

Marksman
Reaction score
I saw the Blue Angels do a couple of air shows in these back in the late 60's early 70's. Not sure why but I always thought they were the best looking aircraft ever.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up in Del City, right by Tinker AFB. The F-4's stationed out there in the 80's flew RIGHT over my house every day on final approach. No matter what I was doing inside, I would run outside to watch when I heard them coming. That "sound of freedom" will always be engraved in my mind.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking. Steamed buy it more than once. Dropped a load one time and drifted buy it on another occassion. We did some ol Mark Twaining with a plum too. Seemed like every thing dropped that day. Ol FT Sumter was across the way not to far

Latest posts

Top Bottom