Family vaca 2024...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So we're here in Eureka Springs, Arkansas for a few days. We rented a house for the whole fam damily for most of the week (Monday-Thursday).

It's not a "bad" place. :rolleyes2 Kinda dated, 1970ish, but it houses all seven of us comfortably with plenty of room for everyone. It has a private pool and is pretty secluded.

Now the BAD news. :pissed:

We had to put up a $125 cleaning deposit. Which is "ok" I guess, IF THE PLACE WOULD HAVE BEEN :censored:ING CLEAN! Mrs GED spent about 2 hours last night cleaning just the kitchen alone! Very filthy.

Also, the AC didn't work, the water pressure sucks and a bag of trash was left behind. We "chatted" with the company and they said they would send a cleaning crew and an HVAC guy to check out the AC.

All of this was reported upon checking in yesterday around 5pm. It's damn near noon and nobody has shown up yet.

I give the place 2 stars, just because the pool is nice and we all have plenty of room. Everything else... :disappoin

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check for hidden cameras. Eureka Springs is bad about hidden cameras.

Yeah, I'm sure they're here. I'm thinking after seeing my fat ass (think Sasquatch) ambling about, they probably turned their cameras off.

1681492881344.jpg

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never AirBNB'd but my understanding is that if something like the AC is broken, you get a refund?

We finally got it working and the poor water pressure was the fault of a garden hose outside that had been left on. Water pressure is "better" now, but still meh.

But yeah, we're definitely gonna request a refund on that cleaning deposit.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We finally got it working and the poor water pressure was the fault of a garden hose outside that had been left on. Water pressure is "better" now, but still meh.

But yeah, we're definitely gonna request a refund on that cleaning deposit.
I'd ask for more than that if you had to clean up, I would expect a credit for the first day.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd ask for more than that if you had to clean up, I would expect a credit for the first day.

That's about all we can do is request it. I'm doubting we get a nickel back from this outfit. :grumble:

Oh well. The wife would've been going loco anyways if not for this snafu. She's not very good at relaxing.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be sure and leave appropriate feedback, mostly so others will know.

Kind of disappointed you didn’t invite all of us. 🙄

I'll probably start running amuck, dismembering people before this little trip is through and I didn't wanna have to kill more people than necessary, hence I didn't invite any of my OSA brethren and brethrenets. My oldest daughter is already on thin ice along with that teenage grandson of mine. :pissed:

Latest posts

Top Bottom