Family vaca 2024...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There’s an Italian restaurant there that the wife and I like. It’s in an old house, Good food owned and run by an Italian family
https://ermilios.com/
They are awesome, I can OD on the roasted garlic they bring with the bread(or used to 20+ years ago). If it has the same effect on GED that it has on me(in large volumes) then he will likely have to find somewhere else to stay, or he can vacate the house of the rest of the family... :)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There’s an Italian restaurant there that the wife and I like. It’s in an old house, Good food owned and run by an Italian family
https://ermilios.com/
Last year they were booked solid a month out but we got lucky with a cancellation. Best food in Eureka Springs.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife and I have done VRBO or Vacasa a few times over the last several years. The first was to get an apartment in Hood River, OR while touring along the Columbia River Gorge in 2019. Then in 2020, we and our youngest son did 3 weeks in Utah and Arizona. First was an excellent place in Moab, UT for a week, followed by an apartment in Kanab, UT, followed by about a week in Williams, AZ in a 100 year old house. All were very nice places.

Pictures of the Neat Place in Moab, UT

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So we're here in Eureka Springs, Arkansas for a few days. We rented a house for the whole fam damily for most of the week (Monday-Thursday).

It's not a "bad" place. :rolleyes2 Kinda dated, 1970ish, but it houses all seven of us comfortably with plenty of room for everyone. It has a private pool and is pretty secluded.

Now the BAD news. :pissed:

We had to put up a $125 cleaning deposit. Which is "ok" I guess, IF THE PLACE WOULD HAVE BEEN :censored:ING CLEAN! Mrs GED spent about 2 hours last night cleaning just the kitchen alone! Very filthy.

Also, the AC didn't work, the water pressure sucks and a bag of trash was left behind. We "chatted" with the company and they said they would send a cleaning crew and an HVAC guy to check out the AC.

All of this was reported upon checking in yesterday around 5pm. It's damn near noon and nobody has shown up yet.

I give the place 2 stars, just because the pool is nice and we all have plenty of room. Everything else... :disappoin
We were just in Hot Springs, rural is good, downtown is abunch of witchcraft business and bs parking. I think we are going to a different state next time. Wyoming perhaps?

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last year they were booked solid a month out but we got lucky with a cancellation. Best food in Eureka Springs.
We USED to go every year for our Anniversary, but haven’t been in 8-10 years… that being said, when did Ermillios start taking reservations? It used to be get there 20 minutes before they opened, and be seated immediately. An hour or so later, ALWAYS a crowded porch. Sure glad I read/know this, would be REALLY disappointed if we went and couldn’t have one meal there- LOVE IT! Cottage is good as well. Been several good places over the past 25 years.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were just in Hot Springs, rural is good, downtown is abunch of witchcraft business and bs parking. I think we are going to a different state next time. Wyoming perhaps?

Wyoming is awesome! I was only a kid of 9 or 10 years old when I was there, but I remember it. My dad bought a T shirt there that read "Where in the hell is Jackson Hole?" :rollingla

That was the year we basically saw the entire western half of America. My maternal grandparents lived in Port Orchard, Washington. On the way I recall Denver, bears and moose in Montana as well as Old Faithful at Yellowstone.

When we got to Port Orchard, we took a ferry across the Puget Sound to Seattle. Saw all the markets in the Emerald City. The next day, we dug for clams on the beach and made fresh clam chowder.

Upon our departure a few days later, we saw some awesome things. We toured a decommissioned battleship in Portland, Oregon, we drove through the Redwood Forest, across the Golden Gate Bridge, spent the night in Las Vegas, was in Juarez, Mexico for about 5 minutes :yikes2: drove across the Painted Desert, marveled at the Grand Canyon, spent the day at Galveston, and rounded up our 2 week trek with a tour of the Astrodome in Houston.

It was one helluva vacation. My folks loved to travel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom