Family vaca 2024...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wyoming is awesome! I was only a kid of 9 or 10 years old when I was there, but I remember it. My dad bought a T shirt there that read "Where in the hell is Jackson Hole?" :rollingla

That was the year we basically saw the entire western half of America. My maternal grandparents lived in Port Orchard, Washington. On the way I recall Denver, bears and moose in Montana as well as Old Faithful at Yellowstone.

When we got to Port Orchard, we took a ferry across the Puget Sound to Seattle. Saw all the markets in the Emerald City. The next day, we dug for clams on the beach and made fresh clam chowder.

Upon our departure a few days later, we saw some awesome things. We toured a decommissioned battleship in Portland, Oregon, we drove through the Redwood Forest, across the Golden Gate Bridge, spent the night in Las Vegas, was in Juarez, Mexico for about 5 minutes :yikes2: drove across the Painted Desert, marveled at the Grand Canyon, spent the day at Galveston, and rounded up our 2 week trek with a tour of the Astrodome in Houston.

It was one helluva vacation. My folks loved to travel.
Its a shame how many americans wont leave their state. There is so much to experience. Id say that about foreign countries too but Im at a point that I dont care to see any more foreign places, I appreciate english, good road laws, food, and firearms, all of which is in the beaut called America!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its a shame how many americans wont leave their state. There is so much to experience. Id say that about foreign countries too but Im at a point that I dont care to see any more foreign places, I appreciate english, good road laws, food, and firearms, all of which is in the beaut called America!

Yeah, there's nowhere on this planet that I wanna see if I gotta cross water to get there. I used to wanna see Hawaii and Australia, but Hawaii is too expensive and Australia is too dangerous! :yikes2:

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad you're getting a break and vacation with the family GED. Nothing better. We use airbnb more than vrbo but generally properties will be listed on both. We've had good luck with Airbnb overseas also - try to go on a 2 wk vacation every other year to another country. Got a beautiful penthouse apartment in Bologna, villa in Tuscany and ocean view place in Camogli all with very little hassle and no issues with language on our recent trip to Italy.

Enjoy the rest of your time off!

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We made sure our kids got to travel every summer on vacations. I was service brat so we traveled a lot. Now my kids travel a lot.
My daughter just traveled to South Dakota to watch my g’son at the National High School Wrestling Tournament in Fargo. Then they made a whole vacation out of the trip home hitting everything worth seeing between there and home.
Son is about to head to the East Coast vacationing with his family.

Had a buddy I used to work with that was in his mid 40s before he’d ever left the state of Oklahoma. His first big trip was a bluegrass festival just over the border in Kansas. 👏

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I went to Eureka Speings a couple times a rear until the wokeness got out of hand. GED, does it seem as though rationality has returned to the town?

We went to the old part of town today. It was actually kinda busy, folks everywhere, but I didn't see any men holding hands or women holding hands either.

Damn near every store had pride something er other for sale...stickers, flags, T shirts, etc. And more than half the shops reeked of weed.

But other than a few hipsters here and there, most of the folks I saw were middle aged...like me. :respect:

But yeah, this place ain't my jam, I'm sick and tired of my family...both of my daughters had their monthly this week - what are the odds? And I can't get home quick enough! :scream:

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a map of our motorcycle vacation routes. As you can see we really didn’t want to do the NE but out west was awesome. All of these were3-week trips

Attachments

• IMG_5022.jpeg
    IMG_5022.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 0

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a map of our motorcycle vacation routes. As you can see we really didn’t want to do the NE but out west was awesome. All of these were3-week trips

I'd love to own a MC. That's damn near the only real "freedom" we have left in this world anymore. Climb on the back of that horse and hit the highway.

Ah but hell, who am I kidding. I'd kill myself on one of them damned things. :rolleyes2

Latest posts

Top Bottom