Fawns are dropping!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She looks pretty calm too. I had a friend who picked one up during harvest and put it in his truck because it kept running into the uncut part of the wheat each time the combines came around. About an hour later, the inside of that Dodge looked like a grenade had gone off inside there.

I'll bet it was ugly!

Shot a rabbit once with the .22 and thought it was dead. Put it in a bucket in the back of my brand new beige interior Bronco, and went after more.

I guess it was just wounded and stunned. When it came about, the inside of that SUV looked like a crime scene. :censored:

From that point on, I stepped on their head and pulled it off.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She looks pretty calm too. I had a friend who picked one up during harvest and put it in his truck because it kept running into the uncut part of the wheat each time the combines came around. About an hour later, the inside of that Dodge looked like a grenade had gone off inside there.

She was calm as could be, bleated a few times, then just sat on the console and licked my hand. Sat in the truck for nearly an hour and never flinched.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No. Had riders on horseback that got there before I did and probably pushed her out, but I'm sure she wasn't far away. I've always wanted a pet deer, and first fawn I've ever found, but after hearing those little bleats you'd have to be a gutless monster not to send her back to momma.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No. Had riders on horseback that got there before I did and probably pushed her out, but I'm sure she wasn't far away. I've always wanted a pet deer, and first fawn I've ever found, but after hearing those little bleats you'd have to be a gutless monster not to send her back to momma.

True. A pair of fawns playing while momma watches over them is a wonderful thing to watch. I'm sure you know that too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom