Fawns are dropping!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shoot, I just called the yardmen and had them do it. The hedges, ivy, weed eating and whatever else needed it. Then Sticky came by and we drank a brew and discussed the finer points of fertilizing his lake.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't seen any fawns, but I have some young deer that like my yard; if I get home late, I'll occasionally scare up one or two that have bedded down in the yard behind the holly bushes next to my driveway.

I did see a gaggle of turkey poults a couple of weeks ago. I came around the corner in the drive, and there was this turkey sitting in the middle of the road. I first thought she was hurt, but then she stood up, and this gaggle of fuzzy little poults took off. I don't think they could've been more than a week old, but they could certainly scoot on those little feet. I had my cell phone in my pocket and a Canon DSLR hanging on the passenger seat back, but I was so enthralled by the scene that it didn't occur to me to grab either 'til momma had herded them off the road into the tall grass...

My grass is a good 18" tall (lots of trees, so it's mostly fescue/rye), but both of my mowing tractors are down, and I've been too lazy to buy the parts. Anyone know where I can buy a 6V coil for an early-production Ford 8N? ;)

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't seen any fawns, but I have some young deer that like my yard; if I get home late, I'll occasionally scare up one or two that have bedded down in the yard behind the holly bushes next to my driveway.

I did see a gaggle of turkey poults a couple of weeks ago. I came around the corner in the drive, and there was this turkey sitting in the middle of the road. I first thought she was hurt, but then she stood up, and this gaggle of fuzzy little poults took off. I don't think they could've been more than a week old, but they could certainly scoot on those little feet. I had my cell phone in my pocket and a Canon DSLR hanging on the passenger seat back, but I was so enthralled by the scene that it didn't occur to me to grab either 'til momma had herded them off the road into the tall grass...

My grass is a good 18" tall (lots of trees, so it's mostly fescue/rye), but both of my mowing tractors are down, and I've been too lazy to buy the parts. Anyone know where I can buy a 6V coil for an early-production Ford 8N? ;)
O'Reilly's or Autozone will be able to get you what you need.

Latest posts

Top Bottom