Fawns are dropping!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Been blessed with a little rain this year? We've been getting some good, well timed rains. Lawn is out of control. It could stand to be mowed twice a week. Haven't even had to irrigate yet.

About 7" in the last couple weeks, going to start building an ark!

Last edited:

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Roosta - You been spendin too much time with that gator. You need to mow. I cant say much as I need to bring in a dozer to clear the rest of the roads so I can brush hog.

okievarmint

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't seen any fawns, but I have some young deer that like my yard; if I get home late, I'll occasionally scare up one or two that have bedded down in the yard behind the holly bushes next to my driveway.

I did see a gaggle of turkey poults a couple of weeks ago. I came around the corner in the drive, and there was this turkey sitting in the middle of the road. I first thought she was hurt, but then she stood up, and this gaggle of fuzzy little poults took off. I don't think they could've been more than a week old, but they could certainly scoot on those little feet. I had my cell phone in my pocket and a Canon DSLR hanging on the passenger seat back, but I was so enthralled by the scene that it didn't occur to me to grab either 'til momma had herded them off the road into the tall grass...

My grass is a good 18" tall (lots of trees, so it's mostly fescue/rye), but both of my mowing tractors are down, and I've been too lazy to buy the parts. Anyone know where I can buy a 6V coil for an early-production Ford 8N? ;)
Napa Echlin Part# IC670. May be a little higher than others, but they have it in stock at OKC warehouse.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Napa Echlin Part# IC670. May be a little higher than others, but they have it in stock at OKC warehouse.
Thanks!

Weird--if I look for parts for a '48 8N, I don't find the coil in NAPA's online parts search, but if I use that part number, it comes right up. It looks like it's the right part; I'm just wondering if it's $33 better than the one at TSC--but it shows as in-stock in Norman, so I'd save about a dollar's worth of gasoline in not having to drive to Moore. :D

okievarmint

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks!

Weird--if I look for parts for a '48 8N, I don't find the coil in NAPA's online parts search, but if I use that part number, it comes right up. It looks like it's the right part; I'm just wondering if it's $33 better than the one at TSC--but it shows as in-stock in Norman, so I'd save about a dollar's worth of gasoline in not having to drive to Moore. :D
Worked for NAPA Norman most of the '70s; that's how I remembered the number. Sold tons of Ford N series parts. Echlin quality is hard to beat, plus Warranty is great!

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was taking my grandson for a ride on the 4 wheeler this morning when I felt a bump and out shot a speckled butt fawn. DANG!! I hope I did not hurt him. The grandson got to see his first fawn. The left front tire may have run over part of his rump.:(

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was out at parents house today for lunch and had 2 fawns following the does away from the hay mower they have been hanging around close to the house for a couple of weeks according to dad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom