Federal Judge in Kansas Rules Machine Gun Bans Are Unconstitutional

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigdawg90

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you know why the country is in this mess, and why "old people" are responsible, surely you can explain it.
The senate is 68% boomer, 1% millennial. Can you provide an in depth explanation as to how young people are at fault?

I get older conservatives not liking the direction of the country, but you have to understand that your generation was just surpassed as the main voting bloc and they’ve held almost complete control over the government for 3 decades.

Boomer governments -

Clinton
Bush
Obama (depending on the google search link)
Trump

Can you please tell me how each of these governments shrank the government and displayed that boomer financial wisdom we hear so much about?

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The senate is 68% boomer, 1% millennial. Can you provide an in depth explanation as to how young people are at fault?

Yeah...it doesn't work that way. Mostly because I never blamed anyone...young or old...in some sweeping, overly simplistic and broadly generalized statement. I simply asked for an explanation of why "old people" are the root of the problem.

I get older conservatives not liking the direction of the country, but you have to understand that your generation was just surpassed as the main voting bloc and they’ve held almost complete control over the government for 3 decades.

Well, gee... That does seem to make sense that a particular generation of people will be more prominent in government as they mature. That's like saying the majority of high school graduates are 17 or 18. We're beginning to see post-boomer generations gaining more seats. So what? Who ya gonna blame when the boomers are gone or are only in a few seats?

Boomer governments -

Clinton
Bush
Obama (depending on the google search link)
Trump

Therefore what?

Can you please tell me how each of these governments shrank the government and displayed that boomer financial wisdom we hear so much about?

I never said they did that, either. As a matter of fact, each one grew government. But none of those presidents did it by themselves and none of those presidents were elected only by boomers and none of those presidents had a boomer-only congress. Presidents don't single-handedly grow or shrink government.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never said they did that, either. As a matter of fact, each one grew government. But none of those presidents did it by themselves and none of those presidents were elected only by boomers and none of those presidents had a boomer-only congress. Presidents don't single-handedly grow or shrink government.

I give you kudos for trying , but You know you're talking to the intellectually and emotionally immature right ? It took me a long time to sort out that people really don't start to grow up til their close to 30 and even then they don't get any modicum of wisdom and understanding . I would love to see these younger people do better when their turn comes , but the truth is government is a machine and it doesn't change in a meaningful way and Jefferson was right about that. The person you've been arguing with is deluded to think their woes are the fault of others just as previous generations have done and if only they were in charge it will be fixed .

"Our government is now taking so steady a course as to show by what road it will pass to destruction, to wit, by consolidation first, and then corruption.... The engine of consolidation will be the federal judiciary; the two other branches the corrupting and corrupted instruments." - Thomas Jefferson

"If Congress can employ money indefinitely, for the general welfare, and are the sole and supreme judges of the general welfare, they may take the care of religion into their own hands; they may appoint teachers in every state, county, and parish, and pay them out of the public treasury; they may take into their own hands the education of children, the establishing in like manner schools throughout the union; they may assume the provision of the poor.... Were the power of Congress to be established in the latitude contended for, it would subvert the very foundations, and transmute the very nature of the limited government established by the people of America." - James Madison

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem is we don't live in an absolutist world , you and others who think you get everything the way you want are to be kind stupid. I was a libertarian for while till I sorted out just how retarded most of them are . Call me a Fudd if you want but you know nothing . Do you know how we got the gun control in this country ? by inches and that's how we've regained some of our rights back and its taken years to change public perception, if you had even half a brain you'd know that just now in this day and age public opinion is still just over 50% who are pro gun, back in the 1970's and 80's it was less more like 40%. It wasn't people like you made the gains we have it was people like me, so you can go pound sand. You'd never get anything done other than run your mouth . That is the truth and I am proud to say another idiot has been added to ignore.

When you grow up a little and understand how politics work we might be able to talk but only one of us in this conversation has dealt in facts . It isn't you or the other dimwit
I see your still running your mouth. Your right you know it all.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I give you kudos for trying , but You know you're talking to the intellectually and emotionally immature right ? It took me a long time to sort out that people really don't start to grow up til their close to 30 and even then they don't get any modicum of wisdom and understanding . I would love to see these younger people do better when their turn comes , but the truth is government is a machine and it doesn't change in a meaningful way and Jefferson was right about that. The person you've been arguing with is deluded to think their woes are the fault of others just as previous generations have done and if only they were in charge it will be fixed .

"Our government is now taking so steady a course as to show by what road it will pass to destruction, to wit, by consolidation first, and then corruption.... The engine of consolidation will be the federal judiciary; the two other branches the corrupting and corrupted instruments." - Thomas Jefferson

"If Congress can employ money indefinitely, for the general welfare, and are the sole and supreme judges of the general welfare, they may take the care of religion into their own hands; they may appoint teachers in every state, county, and parish, and pay them out of the public treasury; they may take into their own hands the education of children, the establishing in like manner schools throughout the union; they may assume the provision of the poor.... Were the power of Congress to be established in the latitude contended for, it would subvert the very foundations, and transmute the very nature of the limited government established by the people of America." - James Madison
Man I’m sure glad you raised your youngens right! They will fit right in!!!

Bigdawg90

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never liked full auto. It’s cool as
Yeah...it doesn't work that way. Mostly because I never blamed anyone...young or old...in some sweeping, overly simplistic and broadly generalized statement. I simply asked for an explanation of why "old people" are the root of the problem.

Well, gee... That does seem to make sense that a particular generation of people will be more prominent in government as they mature. That's like saying the majority of high school graduates are 17 or 18. We're beginning to see post-boomer generations gaining more seats. So what? Who ya gonna blame when the boomers are gone or are only in a few seats?

Therefore what?

You asked for an explanation on why “old people” are to blame for the current state of our nation. They are to blame because they make up the majority of leadership positions.

I blame the current leadership which is overwhelmingly boomer.

Yes, I am a second amendment supporter and believe machine guns are a fundamental right yet we have old people in this thread that don’t even want to accept Reagan was wrong.

Boomers have overseen our march toward communism. You can’t throw on a Trump hat and forget your generation is to blame for our government being bloated and overbearing. Old people is a generalized term. You may stand for freedom, but in general, old people are the reason for the country being in its current state.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

You asked for an explanation on why “old people” are to blame for the current state of our nation. They are to blame because they make up the majority of leadership positions.

Yes, I am a second amendment supporter and believe machine guns are a fundamental right yet we have old people in this thread that don’t even want to accept Reagan was wrong.

Boomers have overseen our march toward communism. You can’t throw on a Trump hat and forget your generation is to blame for our government being bloated and overbearing. Old people is a generalized term. You may stand for freedom, but in general, old people are the reason for the country being in its current state.

Obviously, you and I are not gonna agree on this. I think your explanation is far too simplistic and blaming one generation is taking the easy way out. I think the problems we face are more related to individual beliefs and values (ie: conservative vs progressive/liberal)...not on age...and how those beliefs and values shape our society. Lately we've been on a very leftward trajectory...but it's not because of boomers. It's because half the damn country believes in that nonsense.

I was born at the very end of the boomer years. I've held basically four jobs as an adult: military, law enforcement, small business owner and truck driver. I've worked hard my entire life, I've always voted conservatively to reflect, as much as possible, my beliefs and values. And I think most of my generation did the same though many thought differently than I do.

We live a pretty simple life and we don't live extravagantly...far from it.

Blame me all you want if that makes you feel better. But I'm not the cause of your perceived problems.

Last edited:

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Obviously, you and I are not gonna agree on this. I think your explanation is far too simplistic and blaming one generation is taking the easy way out. I think the problems we face are more related to individual beliefs and values (ie: conservative vs progressive/liberal)...not on age...and how those beliefs and values shape our society. Lately we've been on a very leftward trajectory...but it's because of boomers. It's because half the damn country believes in that nonsense.

I was born at the very end of the boomer years. I've held basically four jobs as an adult: military, law enforcement, small business owner and truck driver. I've worked hard my entire life, I've always voted conservatively to reflect, as much as possible, my beliefs and values. And I think most of my generation did the same though many thought differently than I do.

We live a pretty simple life and we don't live extravagantly...far from it.

Blame me all you want if that makes you feel better. But I'm not the cause of your perceived problems.
Is this how you really feel?

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I’m sure your leaving something out? What about the fact that the red and blue coddle each other behind closed doors then fight when in public?

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Absolutism isn't the option you get grow up child.
For starters I’m a grown man. You are the one that needs to grow up. I’m not the one on here attacking others and calling them names because I don’t like or agree with the things they say. Absolutism IS the option but we have too many folks like you in our country. We need to be unified, not divided. Yet even within the 2A community we can’t unite.

Meanwhile I’ll continue to watch as the ATF does what it does. They will continue to falsely accuse and murder innocent people and nothing will happen to them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom