Fenix light testimony

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvmykalashnikov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so some of you dont like to idea of buying anything but surefire. Well, I am of the mindset, that I buy what works and for me its fenix flashlights. So on to the testimony.
My EDC light is a fenix LD10 and has been since about November of 2008.
Well, I know they are good lights and all, but tonight it surprised me.

So the other day, I was trying to figure out how to get the rubber tail cap off and in the process I managed to rip about 75% of it off exposing the actual button under the cap, and since my spare cap is packed away because I am in the process of moving... :homer:
So since then, I have been extra careful to not rip the rest off in my pocket.

So tonight in a moment of stupidity, or so I thought afterwards, I put a load of laundry in the washer including the jeans that carried my fenix light. Well, I unload the washer and low and behold there is my light at the bottom of the tub all clean and cold.
At this point I think "great, now you have done it".
I pick up the light, click the tail cap, and BAM 120 lumens at my disposal.

To say the least I am impressed that even after the rubber cap failed to prevent water from entering the mechanism, it still works!

Any more fenix light fans in the house?

BadBadJohn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought 2 LD10's. One for myself and one for a friend. Mine has since replaced the Mini-Maglite as my favorite. It goes in my coat pocket every where I do. Awesome product! :thumb:

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a PD20 I've had for months and it's great. I carry it in my pocket and the only thing that has happened is that the light turned on in my pocket and got pretty hot...but that wasn't the light's fault.

It's bright, sturdy and the right size. Would love to try one of their tacticals someday.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a PD20 I've had for months and it's great. I carry it in my pocket and the only thing that has happened is that the light turned on in my pocket and got pretty hot...but that wasn't the light's fault.

It's bright, sturdy and the right size. Would love to try one of their tacticals someday.

The misses and I both have TK11's :thumbup3:

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

I ordered my Fenixes from www.4sevens.com. I've been very happy with them and my P3D has been my EDC light for months now. I love them. I use some rechargeable lithium ion cells and never have to put primaries in. I also bought the $9 forward clicky switch so I could do a momentary on. They are insane bright for their size.

I'll post a pic later if I get a chance.

Thanks,

Alan

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
fenxoutfitters.com is a board sponsor and super nice guy. Daniel was very helpful when my wife called him looking for information on the various light models.

Latest posts

Top Bottom