Feral Pig/Hog Rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Rifle for Feral Pigs/Hogs

• Colt

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • BCM

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Daniel Defense

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Other

Votes: 25 64.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On an AR platform, .223/5.56 is more than adequate for feral hogs. I would recommend using a heavier grain bullet, ideally around 70-75 grains. People kill hogs all the time with an AR and most hog culling from helicopters are done with AR's.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All the mfg's you listed are good, but I think Palmetto State Armory has the best deals right now on an all mil spec AR. Colt or BCM doesn't really have anything they don't. I personally like a 20" barrel in that caliber for the greater velocity, since I consider the 5.56 to be a little on the underpowered side for hunting that type of game... plus I still find it very light and maneuverable compared to, say a battle rifle... but people kill plenty of hogs with the carbines too so whatever floats your boat. Either way I'd go gov't profile or lighter on the barrel, since you will be humping it through the woods. I'd skip the heavy barrels unless you're using it for long range precision, or as a squad auto. :gun2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom